Chapter 62

~Stella's POV~
Kelly and I didn't have shift today, but the girls had school/daycare.
"Mommy? Are you and Daddy working today?" Brielle asked as I was helping her get dressed.
"No, we aren't, we'll be there to pick you up." I smiled as I finished getting her ready.
"Can we go to the park after school?" She asked me.
"Maybe, let's ask Daddy in the car ok?" I told her.
"Ok!" She said.

We dropped Brielle off.
"Bye sweetheart! Have a great day!" Kelly and I both said as she went inside.
Then we dropped Addie off and headed to the grocery store to do errands.

"Alright so... we need more snacks for the girls lunches, eggs, milk, butter, and cereal." I said looking at the list on my phone.
"Alright, I'll get the eggs, milk, and Butter, you get the other stuff?" Kelly asked.
"Yea." I said.
We met up at a cash register.
"They didn't have the 24 pack of eggs, so I got 2 packs of 12." He told me.
"It's ok," I said. We paid, left and got back to the house.

"Ok, we should pick up a bit, it got kinda messy in here this morning." Kelly laughed.
"Alright... oh great." I said looking at my phone.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Brielle got a new principal a few weeks ago, and now she wants to meet with every parent for a "parents evaluation"" I told him.
"Ok.. when do we have to go?" He asked.
"Tomorrow night at 7. Luckily we don't have shift tomorrow." I said.
"Yea, what even is a parents evaluation?" He asked me.
"They basically just ask you some questions. Like job, who picks up the kid. Etc etc" I said.

-day of parent evaluation-
"Mommy? What are you and Daddy getting ready for?" Brielle asked as she came in, seeing me doing my hair.
"Mommy and daddy are going for a meeting with your principal." I said.
"Oh ok, who is watching us?" She asked.
"Uncle Matt and Auntie Gabby are coming over with Ally and Layla." I told her.
"Ok! Yay!" She said.
"Babe you ready?" I yelled out to Kelly as I finished my hair.
"Yea!" He called out.
We heard a knock at the door. It was Gabby and Casey.
"Hey! We're about to leave!" I said as I let them in.
"Ok! No worries!" Gabby said.
"When's your guys meeting?" I asked Gabby.
"Ours was supposed to be tomorrow, but we have shift, so we got it for Friday instead." She told me.
"Ok.. babe! We have to leave right now!" I called out.

Kelly and I went to the school.
"Hello! I'm Ms. Gabriel, the principal." She said as she walked into the room.
"Hello! I'm Stella Severide!" I said shaking her hand.
"I'm Kelly Severide." Kelly shook her hand.
"Brielle's parents?" She asked as we sat down, looking at her papers.
"Yes." We both said.
"Lovely girl, she's so sweet and loves helping others." She told us.
"That's our little girl." Kelly smiled.
"Ok so, I just need to ask some questions." She said.
"Shoot em" I said.
"Do you drop or pick her up every morning/ afternoon?" She asked.
"No, we don't." Kelly said.
"Ok, and who picks her up usually when you you guys can't?" She asked.
"Cindy Herrmann, she's Brielle's aunt. We can't pick her up or drop her off sometimes because of our jobs." I explained.
"And what are your jobs?" She asked.
"We're firefighters in Chicago." I said.
"Oh really? What are your positions?" She asked.
"I'm a Lieutenant on Squad, and She's a firefighter on truck." Kelly said.
"Ok! That's good to know! What firehouse?" She asked.
"51." Kelly said.
"Oh! The kids go on a field trip there next month! Who usually does those tours?" She said.
"Last time we had a school there, I was the one who did it, that was like a year ago, but this time, I think my friend, who works there, you'll actually meet her soon, and I will do it, we usually have a list in the firehouse for who does tours in advance." I explained.
"Ok, and I just need two other people who can pick up Brielle besides Cindy, just incase of anything." She said.
"Gabriela and Matthew Casey." Kelly said.
"And what is their relationship with you?" She asked.
"We all work together, and they are Brielle's godparents." I said.
"Oh, Casey as in Alyssa Casey? The girls are best friends! They are always hanging out!" She said.
"Yes! Gabby and I were pregnant at the same time with them." I said.
"How cute! Ok so do you guys have any other children?" She asked
"Yes, we have another little girl who is almost 2. She goes to The daycare on 32nd st." I said.
"Ok, and I just have one more question, I love Brielle's middle name, did you guys name her after anyone or did you guys just like that name?" She asked.
Kelly and I looked at each other.
"We named her after my best friend. She was a paramedic who worked in the firehouse... she passed away a few years back.. her name was Leslie Elizabeth Shay." Kelly said.
"Oh, I am terribly sorry for your loss... forgive me." She said.
"It's fine, do you have anymore questions?" Kelly asked.
"No, I think that's it! Have a great night!" She said.
"You too!" Kelly and I both said as we left.

We got back home at 9pm and saw The Casey's, Brielle and Addie, watching Descendants 3.
"Omg, I swear we all know the whole script of that movie." I laughed as Kelly and I walked in.
"Tell me about it." Gabby yawned.
"Thanks guys for watching them." I said.
"Of course! How was it?" Gabby asked.
"She was nice, she was in awe about how we are firefighters, oh and the girls school are taking a field trip to the firehouse next month, and you and I are the ones hosting the tour." I said.
"I forgot that you and I were the next ones on the list." Gabby said.
"Yea, but at least we're doing the girls' class." I said.
"Yea, oh, it's 930 pm already, come on Ally and Layla, we have to go home, you guys school, and we have work." Gabby said.

-couple weeks later-
Gabby and I were dropping off the girls at daycare/school. Kelly and Casey had to go to the firehouse early for a meeting.
We got up to the school and there was no one there.
"Why is no one here?" Gabby asked as we pulled up to the school.
"I don't know.. let me check the school calendar." I said said looking at my phone.
"We aren't late or anything.. this is weird, and it's a Friday. We have shift in 15 minutes." Gabby said.
"Omg, all the schools and daycares are closed today in Chicago for some teacher staff meeting." I said.
"Cindy is busy today... we're gonna have to take them to the firehouse with us..." She said.
"If Cindy's busy, who was going to take the girls after school?" I asked.
"Remember, Antonio isn't working after their school time, so he was going to pick up the girls and they were going to hangout for the day. It's Friday anyway. So they were gonna have a sleepover. At him and Brett's house." She told me.
"Oh yea.. so we have to take them until 3-4. Does his car even hold all the car seats?" I asked.
"No, but Brett's does, we'll ask her when we get to the firehouse." She said.
On the car ride, the girls were very confused.
"Mommy? Where are we going?" Brielle asked.
"You guys don't have school today, so we're gonna go to the firehouse, and then Uncle Antonio will pick you guys up later today. But you guys have to behave ok?" I said.
"Yes mommy." She said.
"You here that Alyssa?" Gabby said.
"Yes momma." She said.

When we got to the firehouse, Kelly and Casey were very confused.
"I thought they were going to school?" Kelly asked me.
"They don't have school today. And Cindy was busy, remember? So Antonio was supposed to pick them up after school. But until he can pick them up from here, we have them." I said.
"Did they eat already?" Mills asked as he was making breakfast.
"Yea, but can you make them each something small just incase?" I asked him.
"Yea sure." He told me.
"Who's watching them on calls?" Casey asked.
"Connie can or what company isn't on a call." Gabby said.
Then we heard the bells.

Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61, person injured. 492 ridgefield ave
"Herrmann? Can you watch them?" Gabby and I asked.
"No problem." He said.
"Yea I love kids." Ritter said as we ran out.
"Thanks!" Gabby yelled before we ran.

We got it the call. There was a huge crowd.
"What are we dealing with?" I asked Casey as we looked at all the people.
"Alright! Everyone! Clear the way so we can see what we are dealing with!" Casey yelled out.
"That guy is crazy! You have to help him!" Some woman told us.
When we got it the guy, he was obviously on something, and he had an abdomen wound.
"Sir? Are you ok?" Gabby asked.
"Gabby careful..." I said.
The guy was very out of it, but then he lashed out and tried to attack Gabby.
"Hey hey! Back up!" I pushed the guy.
The guy got even more violent and Brett ran over and injected him with a sedative.
"Let's get him bandaged up and to Med." Brett told Foster.

When we got back to the firehouse, the girls ran up to us.
"Mommy!" They all said.
Addie and Bri ran up to me, and Ally and Layla ran up to Gabby.

A little while later Antonio came to pick up the girls, after he left, we got a couple more calls. But other than that, shift was good.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥