Chapter 4

~Kelly's POV~
I started to tear up, I can't loose Stella. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. We're supposed to get married, start a family, grow old together. She can't die. Not like this. All the stress made my heart rate sky rocket. I heard the monitor in the ambo beeping very quick before I passed out.

I woke up as I was being wheeled into med.
"27 year old male, head trauma, coded in the ambo" said the paramedics as they brought me towards April.
"Omg Kelly! Are you ok?" April said as she saw me.
"Stella, Stella, how is she??" I started panicking. Then everything went fuzzy again.

~April's POV~
I saw Kelly and was very surprised. He had obvious head trauma, his heart rate was through the roof, and he kept going in and out. He was so worried about Stella, I haven't seen her yet. Then he passed out.
"Get him into trauma 2. Maggie page the OR. He might have a concussion." I told everyone as Kelly was being wheeled into trauma 2.
"You got it April." Maggie told me as she picked up the phone.
"Oh, and Maggie, I'll stay with Kelly, watch for Stella and stay with her. And call Gabby. Tell her to get here fast." I told her. I knew how much Stella meant to Kelly, so I wanted Maggie to know everything. Someone from the firehouse needed to know, so I told Maggie to call Gabby. She and Matt needed to know what's going on with their best friends.

~Gabby's POV~
Matt and I have been in the diner for 30 minutes now, waiting for Stella and Kelly. It was already 11:30pm. I was starting to get worried.
"Matt, where are they? They only live about 10 mins away, and they were supposed to be here first." I told Matt with a worried look.
"Babe, I bet they're fine, maybe they caught traffic." Matt told me calming me down.
I called Stella 3 times and got no answer. Matt called Kelly twice and same thing.
All of a sudden I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. I answered it. But I recognized the voice.
Maggie: "Gabby? You need to come to med right away..."
Gabby: "Maggie? Why, what's wrong?"
Maggie: It's Kelly and Stella. I'll explain everything."

Once I hung up, I had tears in my eyes and got up, about to run out the door.
"Woah, Gabs, what's wrong?"Matt told me, resting his hand on my shoulder to stop me from running out.
"That was Maggie, it's Kelly and Stella. She wouldn't tell me anything other than come to Med right now!" I said in tears and everyone looking at us.
"Let's go!" Matt said grabbing his jacket and running out the door as I followed him.

•At Med•
"Maggie! How are they?? How's Stella? How's Kelly? What happened??" I was frantic. I couldn't stay calm.
"Gabby, calm down. Don't get yourself so worked up. I'm sure it's nothing too serious." Matt told me, wrapping his arms around me.
"Well... Kelly came in about 20 minutes ago. He has obvious head trauma. We think he might have a concussion. And his heart rate was very high. When he got here, he was conscious, but as soon as he got here, he passed out. He's in the OR right now and I don't have anything else on him." Maggie told me, I could see Matt afraid.
"Ok.. and what about Stella??" Matt and I asked.
"Stella came in about 10 minutes ago. She was in worst shape. The right side of her body was covered in cuts and bruises. She was unconscious when she came in and from what I was told at the scene too. Her head didn't look as bad as Kelly's but we are worried about internal bleeding. She's also in the OR but I don't have any info on her either." Maggie told us.
Just then Antonio walked in.
"Hey guys.. listen, I'm sorry, but they are tough, they'll pull through." He told us as he hugged me.
"H-how did this happen?" Matt asked.
"Well, from what we evaluated at the scene. Stella and Kelly were driving and a car full of drunk teenagers hit them. They were going 85mph in a 25. And hit them from Stella's side, that's why she's in the worst shape." Antonio explained.
I couldn't believe it. Both our best friends could die because of some idiot teenagers.
"How drunk we're the teenagers?" I asked, hoping they went to jail.
"None of them couldn't even stand. And they all reeked of alcohol. They all were throwing up and couldn't even talk straight. The driver... was the worst one. They're all back at the district, Voight is trying to contact their parents so they can pick them up." Antonio told me, he obviously looked mad at these kids.

*3 hours later*
Dr. Halstead came over.
"Any news on them?" Matt asked.
I don't have an update on Stella, but I do on Kelly.
He....."

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥