Chapter 23

~Stella's POV~
It's been a week since Kelly and I have
even back from our honeymoon. We just got to shift.
After we got dressed I headed to his office for a minute.
"Hey, just need to put these in." I told him as I walked into his office. I keep my engagement ring and wedding band in his office so I don't damage or loose them.
"Ok, I'll meet you out there in a little, I gotta just finish this paperwork from when we were out last week." He explained to me.
"Alright, that was a fun week though." I said to him with a smile before I went to the common room.

"Hey Stella!" Dawson said as I entered the common room.
"Hey! Where is everyone?" I asked, as I saw the common room was empty besides for Mills, and Brett. Mills was making breakfast. And Brett was helping him.
"Doing Drills, Casey's got truck and Squad doing some drills outside. Casey thought it would perfect since first watch put salt on the driveway." Brett told me.
"And how did you get away with not doing any?" I asked Mills.
"I told the Captain that I could make my famous crepes for breakfast. And that the only way I would have time, is if I don't do the drills." He chuckled.
"Well Casey cannot resist your crepes."  Gabby laughed.
"Want some help?" I asked Brett. She was cutting up the fillings for the crepes.
"Yea sure! We have to cut up a lot of stuff! I'll do the bananas, strawberries, and brownies. You want to do the granola, and nuts?" She told me.
"Yea sure!" I told her. I got the stuff out and started to chop it up.
We started chopping up the stuff while Mills was making all the crepes. Then the Bells went off.

Ambo 61 wellness check 2115 forest road.
"Let's go!" Gabby said as she ran to the Ambo.

We got to the call. We got called to check on this homeless man. He had a fire going in a trashcan.
"Hey, sir? You all right?" Gabby asked him as she walked up towards him.
"Yes, just cold." The man replied.
"Let's get you warmed up, come on honey." Brett said as she came up to him. Walking him to the ambo. Gabby put out the fire.
"Hey, sir, what your name?" I asked him as he came into the ambo.  I got a blanket to warm him up.
"Gerald." He tried to get up.
"No, sir, you've been outside for who knows how long. We just need to do a check up." I told him.
I put an IV in his arm. He started to freak out.
"Sir, sir calm down. We're going to make you feel better." Brett told him. Gabby was driving to med. All of a sudden he jerked his arm and his IV went into my arm. I stood there in shock.
"Oh...my god." I said.
"Gabby! How much longer?" Brett yelled she was in shock as well.
"Just pulled in! What's wrong?" Gabby yelled back as she ran to open the door.
"This guy, he freaked when Stella was putting in the IV, then he jerked his arm and his IV went into Stella's arm." Brett said as I just stood there. Brett took the needle out of my arm.
"Let's get the guy in, and let's figure this out." Gabby said as Brett got the gurney out of the ambo.
"You ok?" She asked me.
"No, no, I mean, who knows what kind of diseases this guy could have?! And I'm pregnant! This- this can't be happening..." I cried to Gabby.
"Listen, listen hun, we won't know anything for sure until we get blood work from the guy, ok?" She calmed me down.  We went inside to Med.
"April, listen, that guy just Brett just brought in, his IV went into Stella's arm. You guys HAVE to get blood work from him." Gabby told her.
"Well, you know we need consent from the patient... but we'll see if he agrees to. I'll give you a call if we get anything back." April told us.

Gabby and I went back to the Ambo.
"Everything will be fine." Gabby told me.
"We don't know that! What if he has something that could kill my baby?! We won't know anything until he agrees to get the blood work done! That's even IF he lets them do it!!" I was crying.
"Stella, listen to me... nothing is going to happen... I know that he will agree to the blood work. We just have to think positive. Ok?" She hugged me.

~April's POV~
I walked over to Will who just saw the needle stick guy.
"Hey, so we need to ask him for blood work." I told him.
"What, why?" He asked me.
"Because, Brett, Stella, and Gabby just brought him in. Stella and Gabby were in the back treating him. He jerked his arm when Stella put in the IV and the needle went into her arm. Who knows what diseases this guy could have? Stella's freaking out." I explained.
"Oh. My. God. Alright, let's go see if he will let us." He said as we walked to the guy's room.
"Hey sir, we need to do blood work just to make sure everything is alright." Will told the guy.
"You are not doing anything to me." The guy said to us.
"Sir, are you aware that you needle stuck a pregnant woman? If you have any diseases, you just gave them to her. And you infected her and her baby, and they could both very likely die." I explained to him.
"I-I had no idea. I thought I just threw the IV onto the floor. I didn't know it hit her." He said to us. It was obvious he was now upset with himself.
"Can we do the blood work on you now?" Will asked him.
"Yes, yes, ok.. you can do it." He agreed.

~Stella's POV~
We just got back to the house.
I went to Kelly's office.
"Hey.. I heard what happened.. are you ok?" He asked me as I walked in. I sat on his bunk.
"I... don't know... it all happened so fast, then when I realized... I got so scared. What if this guy has some disease that could kill me?! Or her?! We won't know what that guy has until he agrees to a blood scan! And that's even if he agrees to!" I cried to Kelly.
"Hey, hey... it's gonna be alright. Everything is going to be alright...." He told me. He went onto his bunk and laid down with me, calming me down.

-later-
Shift has been slow all day.
Kelly and I woke up after an hour to my phone ringing. It was April. I put the phone on speaker.
"Hey. So what's the verdict?" I asked her.
"He agreed to the blood work. He...."

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥