Chapter 13

~Gabby's POV~
As we approached Med, Chili started getting a little violent. She was screaming and trying to make us get her out and convince us that she didn't need to go back to rehab.
"Let me out! Let me out of here! Guys I don't need this! What's wrong with a little bit of something?!?" She kept yelling.
"Chili, calm do-" Brett tried to say, but Chili tried to hit her.
"OK. CHILI, STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! EVEN THOUGH I'M PREGNANT, I'M NOT AFRAID TO KICK SOME ASS!" Stella yelled at Chili. It was kinda nice that her hormones kicked in. Even Brett and I got scared of her for a second.
"You ok?" I asked Stella before we got out to deal with Chili.
"Yea, fine, just...idk hormones kicked in I guess." She told me. She was on the verge of tears. Her hormones got her so mad.
"Good timing too" I laughed. She laughed to and it cheered her up.
We all got out of the car and but kept Chili in the car. I told Stella to run inside and get Dr. Charles and some security. I didn't want her dealing with Chili. I didn't want her to hurt Stella or the baby.

5 minutes later Stella came out with Dr. Charles, and 3 security guys. They took Chili in and we all went in a room. Chili was put in a waiting room with the security guards and Dr. Charles and us went to another room.

"So... what happened?" Dr. Charles asked us as we all sat down.
"Well.. Chili had been late to shift for 5 straight times. We kept wondering why, until today. She came in later than any time she ever has and when we asked her why she was late, we found out she's been using again. She reeked of Weed and her eyes were bloodshot red. She was high out of her mind." Brett explained.
"How did she feel about coming here? How did you guys get her to come?" He asked.
"Well.. we tried to just get her to go home, so she wouldn't get in trouble. But then she caused so much of a commotion. She kept yelling and eventually Boden came and asked what was going on and then he saw Chili. He told us to take her here. She fought with us the whole way. She DID NOT want to come. She was violent in the car, but this one..." I said pointing to Stella, "went on psycho on her and got her to calm down."
"Hey! I wasn't that bad! it's not my fault my hormones acted up! And you're welcome! Because if I didn't stop her, she could've hurt one of us! And I was driving, so give me some credit!" Stella said. Her hormones were still on the edge.
"Alright, it's fine.. calm down... let's go talk to Chili." Dr. Charles said.

~Brett's POV~
We went back into the waiting room where Chili was and we saw she was crying. She was curled up in a ball in one of the chairs. Dr. Charles sat down next to her.
"Chili, do you realize what you are doing?" He asked her.
"Yea, yes and I'm sorry. But it was because of her! She's gone!" She said. We were all confused.
"Who? Who's gone?" I asked her.
"Jellybean! Jellybean's dead! They- they found her body in a flophouse 2 weeks ago! I didn't know what to do! I tried a bit of a stash I had in my car that I never took out and it calmed me down, so I kept on using..." she said. None of us had any idea.
Jellybean was her sister. She always called her sister Jellybean. "The funeral was yesterday... that why I didn't return anyone's calls" she added.
"Chili... I'm sorry. But let me ask you this... do you feel like you can quit?" Dr. Charles asked her.
"Um... idk... it- it made me feel better. I feel like I can't. I feel like I've gone down the dark hole again that I can't get out of." She said.
"Well, you got out of it once, so you get do it again. You know what I always say? Recovery is for people who want it, not for people who need it... now tell me, do you want to quit?" He asked her.
"Yes. Yes, of course I want to!" She said.
"Ok, you want to go to rehab and get better? All you need to do is sign this and come with me." Dr. Charles told her, handing her a document. Chili signed it and she went with Dr. Charles.

*10 minutes later*
Dr. Charles told us to wait in the room for a bit while he went back with Chili. He came back after 10 minutes.
"I want you to know how good friends you are to bring her here, to get help." He told us, proud.
"How long would she stay her for?" I asked him.
"She'll be here for at least two years... after someone relapses it's harder for them to quit again. And this would be her 4th relapse. She don't allowed to see anyone for your own and her own safety." He explained to us.
"I wished she would've told me! I could've help her! She didn't have to go back down that road!" I said, now crying. I blamed myself. I'm her partner, her PIC. I should've been checking up on her more often than I was.
"Listen Brett, there's nothing you can do now but support her. We can't play around with the 'what if's' ok? You can't blame yourself for this mess." Dawson came up to me and comforted me.
"She's right you know, she always is..." Stella told me rubbing her stomach. We all laughed.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥