Chapter 63

Brielle and Alyssa are 4
Addilynn and Layla are now 2
~Stella's POV~
"Mommy! Wake up! We're going to be late!" Brielle and Addie ran into my bed.
"What?" I said waking up.
"We're gonna be late!" She yelled again.
I looked at the time and it was 7am, we had to leave in 25 mins. Kelly had to leave early to do an errand before shift. And Dawson and her girls were meeting us so we could all take the girls together.
"Omg! Why didn't my alarm go off?!" I yelled. I ran off the bed, and quickly got dressed. Then I got the girls dressed super quick, fixed their hair, and gave them granola bars.
Then Dawson came as soon as we got ready.
"Hey... you ready?" She asked.
"Yea... hectic morning.. we just woke up 25 mins ago..." I told her.
"Let's get them to school!" She yelled out as we ran to the cars.

We just dropped off the girls at school/ daycare. When we got to the firehouse, we quickly got ready and went to briefing.
"Alright guys, so I don't have anything to say, let's just keep our badges off the wall and save some lives today." Chief said.
After Briefing we got a call.
Truck 81, Ambo 61, Squad 3, Engine 51, Battalion 25 apartment fire 3267 west Garfield st.
"Apartment Fire?" I asked as we ran to the truck.

We got to the fire and it was looking bad...
The fire had already spread to what looked like 6 floors.
"Alright, truck gear up! We're going in! Dawson, Kidd, stay together, Mouch and Otis stick together, and Gallo, you're with me!" Casey ordered.
We all got geared up and headed in.
We got in and all separated, but stayed with our partner.
Dawson and I found a kid and their mom. Dawson got the kid and I got the mom.
After we got them out, we went back in.
We cleared on the apartments on our floor.
"Hey Captain, Dawson and I are headed to floor 9!" I yelled in my radio.
"Copy that! Finishing up floor 8 now!" We heard him in the radio.
As we were heading up we ran into Kelly and Capp.
"Go down! The fire's getting too hot up there!" Kelly yelled.
All of a sudden we heard yelling coming from the 9th floor.
"Help us! Please!" I heard a woman cry.
"I'm going!" I yelled.
"Stella don't!" I heard Kelly yell.

~Gabby's POV~
I was about to run after Stella, but then Kelly stopped me.
"I'll get her, you and Capp go back down." He told us.
Capp and I headed back down.
"Smokes getting black! Everyone evacuate!" Chief yelled in his radio.
"Where's Severide and Kidd?" Chief asked.
"Stella heard a woman cry on the 9th floor, even after Kelly told us it's too hot in there, she still ran up... her and Kelly are up there now.." I told him.
"Severide! Kidd! Evacuate now!" Chief yelled into his radio. Kelly and Stella were the only ones left in the building.
"Chief! We're finding the woman! Give us one more minute!" I heard Stella yell in her radio.
"Stella! Where are you?! I can't find you! The smoke's too thick!" We heard Kelly.
"No! Get out now! The smoke is not looking good!" Chief yelled.
"Chief just-" I heard Stella say, then all of a sudden the whole building just exploded. The windows were all blown out and the fire roared across the whole building.
"Severide! Kidd! Report!" Chief yelled. "Report! Report!"
We all started calling Stella and Kelly in our radios.
"Stella Report! Casey Report!" We all kept yelling into our radios. After 30 seconds, Casey and Cruz ran in.
After 3 minutes they came out. Cruz had Stella and Casey had Kelly. Both of their masks were broken and their faces were both cut and bruised.
"They aren't breathing..." Brett said.
I ran over and started compressions on Stella as Casey did the same for Kelly.
"I got a pulse over here! It's faint but there!" Matt yelled out.
"She's doesn't have one!" I yelled out.
"Charge the paddles." Brett told Foster.
They shocked Stella 7 times before they got a rhythm.
"Stella is riding with us, Kelly will go with ambo 97." Brett said.
"I'll go with Stella, you go with Kelly." I told Matt.
"We'll meet you there." Chief said.

Foster drove, while Brett and I were in the back.
In the ambo, Stella started seizing.
"Dawson hold her down! I need to get an IV in." Brett told me.
I tried to hold Stella down, but she wouldn't stop jerking. Then we got to Med.
"28 year old female, Stella Severide. She was in a building and the fire got too dangerous and her and Kelly were both in there. She started seizing in the ambo and we couldn't get a line in." Brett said.
"Get her into trauma 2!" Maggie yelled out.
Dr.Rhodes and Natalie came in.
They took off her bunk gear and cut her shirt off.
They gave her something to stop her seizures. Then they assessed the rest of her. All of a sudden her pressure bottomed out again.
"Get a crash cart!" Dr. Rhodes yelled.
"Compressions." Natalie said. I stood there as they worked on her just tearing up.
They shocked her and got her back after 3 shocks.
They intubated her and got her sats somewhat stable.
"Ok, she's stable for now, but we need more info, what happened?" Dr. Rhodes asked me.
"We were in an apartment complex fire and we were going up to the 9th floor, Kelly and Capp came down and told us not to go on the 9th floor because it was cooking up there, then Stella swore she heard a woman screaming and ran up, and Kelly ran after her but told Capp and I to go down. And then the smoke started getting super super black and Chief yelled out for them to get out, and then all of a sudden the building exploded. The fire just blew up and all the windows broke." I explained.
"She might of hit her head... let's send her up for a CT of the head and chest." Dr. Rhodes said.