Chapter 77

~Stella's POV~
"Come on Jax! Just one bite! Daddy and I have to get to work!" I said, trying to get him to take one bite of his eggs.
"Babe, we have to leave to take the kids to Herrmann's or we'll be late. Are you ready?" He asked as he walked in the kitchen.
"Yea, I'm just trying to get him to eat! He's had this plate in front of him for 15 mins and hasn't eaten." I said.
"I don't want it!" Jaxson yelled.
"Alright fine. Let's go, we're gonna be late." I said giving up.
"Come on guys!" Kelly yelled out to the kids.
I got my shift bag and we were out the door.

We got down to the car and got the kids to Herrmann's.
"Hey! I was about to leave. The Casey kids are inside." Herrmann said.
"Hey! Yea we're about to be late! Bye guys we love you!" I said as we dropped the kids off.

We got to the firehouse and I ran to the locker room. I couldn't change at the house because I was trying to get Jaxson to eat.

"Hey! Woah there speedy Gonzales! You almost smashed into your locker!" Gabby laughed as she saw me run in.
"I couldn't get changed at the house because I was fighting with Jaxson for 15 minutes for him to eat." I said as I quickly got changed.
"Yea, Oliver's getting like that too. Picky eating stage... so fun" she said.
"Tell me about it." I said.
"Hey guys, briefing is about to start." Mills came in the locker room.
"Let's go." Gabby said.

After briefing, we were all in the common room.
Cruz and Otis were fighting about something like always.
"Dawson! Kidd! We need your help with something!" Cruz told us.
"What is it?" Gabby and I asked.
"Cruz and I want to take a bros vacation next month. I want to go to Vegas, and he wants to go to The Dominican Republic." Otis told us.
"Well, the Dominican Republic is beautiful this time of year, it's not too hot or cold." Gabby said.
"How do you know?" Otis asked.
"I'm Dominican. I lived there until I was about 5." Gabby said.
"You are, you did??" Otis said shocked. Gabby laughed.
"We've worked together for what? 8 years now! What did you think I was?" Gabby laughed.
"I don't know! Colombian? Puerto Rican?" Otis laughed.
"Stella, what do you think?" Cruz asked me
"I think Vegas would be fun." I said.
"I agree, plus it's cheaper." Gabby said.
"Alright get out of here, I thought you guys would be on my side." Cruz laughed.

Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61 person in distress 34 Garfield rd

We all loaded up and quickly got to the scene.
Truck was the first to come.
We saw a girl stuck in balcony. And the balcony was about to fall. The balcony was at least 20 feet off the ground. But the balcony would fall on straight concrete.
"Squad what's your ETA?" Casey said into his radio.
"10 mins Casey. There's traffic and we can't get through." I heard Kelly's voice.
"Help me!" We heard the girl scream.

"We gotta get her. That balcony won't be up for much longer." Casey said.
We got to the apartment above where the girl was.
"Don't worry, we'll get you out of there!" Gabby said to the girl.
"Please help me!" She screamed.
"What's your name sweetheart?" I asked her.
"Al-Alex!" She said.
"Don't worry Alex, we're gonna get you out of there!"  Casey said.
The balcony broke again and it was about to collapse.
"Matt there's no time, we have to get her." Gabby said.
"Let Dawson and I go down together. We'll get her." I said.
"Alright, let's get you guys roped up and quick." Casey said.

We got the gear on and we went down.
The balcony inched down again and now one more drop and it will plummet.

"Drop us a foot lower!" I yelled out.
We got lower down and we were able to grab the girl. I grabbed her and she hung onto me tight.
And Gabby quickly tied a rope to the balcony so the guys could stabilize it.
"Got her!" I yelled out.
"It's stabilized!" Gabby yelled out.
"Alright lower them!" Casey yelled out.