Chapter 86

~Stella's POV~
I'm now 18 weeks.
After that whole thing with Grant, we decided that I should stay on truck until I was 18 weeks, and then I can stay on ambo until I feel like I can't anymore.

Today, I'm switching over to ambo and we're telling everyone I'm pregnant. My stomach is super swollen now, and it's getting way harder to hide it. I've been avoiding ppl at shift most of the time because I just sometimes can't hide it anymore. And then when we're on calls, I have my turnout coat on, so no one can tell. But I haven't been working that much. Casey's been putting me on Aerial lifts lately. Which is fine because I've been exhausted lately.

"You ready?" Kelly asked as I was finishing getting ready. He got the kids in the car as I was finishing getting ready.
"Yea, just getting my sweater." I said. I grabbed my shift bag and we were out the door.
We dropped the kids off at school and saw Gabby and Casey.

"Hey!.. wait? You're starting ambo today?" Gabby asked. She saw my ambo jacket.
"Yea! I turned 18 weeks 2 days ago and after that whole thing with Grant, Nat decided that I should start ambo now and then I'll finish up whenever I feel like it's getting too difficult, but I'm not working past 36 weeks." I explained.
"Alright, how long do you think you'll work until? You said this pregnancy is like Addie's and you only worked until about 25 weeks with her." Gabby said.
"I don't know. I'm gonna try to go the full 36 weeks, but we'll see." I said.

We dropped off the kids and went to the firehouse.
Briefing started.
"Ok Everyone... I have 1 thing to say today... Stella Kidd will start on Ambo for a little." Chief said.
"What?" Everyone said.
"Uh... I'm pregnant!" I said.
"Another one? Man guys! Pretty soon you guys will have more kids than me!" Herrmann laughed.
"Yea, no. This kid will most likely be our last." I laughed.
"Eh, you never know.." Kelly laughed.

After briefing, Gabby, Brett, Foster, and I were at the ambo.
"You know the gender yet?" Brett asked.
"No not yet, we find out at the 20 week appointment. They have their legs crossed every time we try to see." I said.
"What do you hope it is?" Foster asked.
"I don't know... we already have 2 and 2, but I honestly wouldn't mind another little girl." I said.
"Were you planning to hide your pregnancy from us until now?" Brett asked.
"Well, I took the test in front of Gabby at my house. And then Kelly told Chief and Gabby told Casey. And I was planning on hiding it until I moved to ambo. But after that whole thing with Grant, you two found out, and then the whole intelligence unit had to know because I wanted to give them a reason why I wanted them in the room with me and why I was afraid." I explained.
Ambo 61 person in distress 140 Copenhagen st

"I'll see you guys later." Gabby said as we got in the ambo.
We got to the call. A mom ran out of the house.
"My little girl! Please! You have to help her!" She cried. There was a little girl laying on the couch, she was squirming around.
"Hey sweetheart? Can you hear me?" I asked her.
She didn't respond, but she looked at me and was agitated. She screamed and kicked. She saw me and tried to punch and kick me in the stomach. I just barely got up quick enough to miss her.

"Let's give her midazolam." Brett said.
"Pushing midazolam." Foster said.
We stabilized the girl and we checked the rest of her.
"Her pupils are pinpoint." I said.
"What?" Foster asked, looking at what I was seeing.
"This girl is high.." I said.
"There is no way!" The mom said.
"What happened?" Brett asked.
"We were watching a movie, I told her to go get some candy, she got some gummies and I was eating some chips. All of a sudden she got sleepy, then she got nauseous, and then she just started screaming." The mom said.

"What candy was she eating?" Foster asked.
"I- I don't know, just some candy she said she found. No one in this house has drugs, there has to be another explanation!" The mother said.
The father walked in.
"She might've... gotten into my stash." The dad said.
"What?" The mom said.
"How much did she eat?" Brett asked.
The guys ran in a different room and came back out.
"Oh my god, she ate almost 3/4 of the bag.." the dad said coming back in.
All of a sudden the girl woke up. She looked very pale and sweaty.
Then she threw up. Luckily, it didn't get on any of us.
"Let's get her to Med right now." Foster said. We loaded her up and went to Med.

Once we got back to the firehouse, Truck, Engine, and Squad we're all doing drills.
"Come on Mills, you're still a minute too slow." Kelly said. They were doing a rope rescue drill.
"Alright Lieutenant!" Mills said.
"Hey. How they doing?" I asked Kelly.
"Good, trying to get them to beat their personal records." Kelly said.
"Any of them actually beat it?" I asked.
"No, but Mills is the closest." He said.

Once they finished the drills, we were all in the common room.
"You guys want to play cards?" Otis and Cruz said.
"Yea sure, what game?" We all asked.
"Uno." They said.
"Oh no, I can smell all the yelling already." I laughed.
We got the cards and we were all playing.
"Alright Casey, I skip you." Kelly laughed.
"I don't think I've gone for the last 5 rounds. How do you have so many skips?" Casey laughed.
"Alright, Dawson, pick up 4, blue." I said.
"Nope, Otis, pick up 6!" Dawson laughed. Putting down a blue draw 2."
We all played cards for a bit, before we all got tired of it.
Capp got first, Gallo was second, Foster was 3rd, I was 4th, Dawson was 5th, and the game was going on too long so we ended it.

Kelly and I were in his office, he was doing some paper work as I was on my laptop.
"I'm getting a migraine from looking at this screen." I said as I was sitting on Kelly's bunk on my laptop.
"What are you even doing? Take a break from it." He said, putting down my laptop screen.
"I was thinking... we should move..." I said.
"Move?" Kelly asked.
"Yea, we have no more bedrooms in the house. And with this little one on the way, we have no more space in that loft." I said.

"That sounds like a good idea. What were you thinking?" He asked.
"A nice big open concept first floor. A basement that we would use as a huge bonus room for the kids. And upstairs we would have the master, and 4 other bedrooms, each with a bathroom. Brielle and Addilynn aren't liking sharing a room anymore, so we should give them their own space again. The boys love sharing a room, and this little one should have their own room." I said.
"That sounds good babe, do you have a set budget?" He asked me.
"Yea, I put the budget for around 850k and I found some really good options. But it's just a thought, we can talk about this later. My head is throbbing." I said. Closing my laptop and putting it on Kelly's nightstand by his bunk.

Kelly put his paper work to the side and came in the bed with me, he sat behind me and I leaned against him.
"You ok?" He asked.
"Yea... just pregnant." I slightly chuckled.
"When's your gender reveal appointment?" He asked.
"2 weeks." I said as I started to close my eyes and fall asleep.
"Sleep my love." I heard Kelly say. He kissed my forehead and I soon fell asleep.

-2 weeks later-
Today is my 20 week appointment and we find out the gender. The kids had school, but Kelly and I didn't have shift.
We dropped the kids off at school and went to Med.
"Hey, I have an appointment today." I told April.
"Bay 6." She told me.

We went to the room and Nat came in.
"Hey guys! How've you been? How are the kids?" She asked.
"We've all been good!" I said.
"They're getting big! How old are they all?" She asked.
"Brielle is 7, Addilynn is 5, and Greyson and Jaxson are 3." I said.
"So, you guys ready to find out the gender!" Nat said.
"Yes!" I said.
"You guys have a guess?" Nat asked.
"I'm hoping for another little girl!" I said.
"I honestly don't mind which one" Kelly said.
"Alright, baby #5 is a....

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥