Chapter 43

Brielle is 6 months old. It's mid-November now.
~Stella's POV~
I woke up to Brielle crying. I rolled over and saw Kelly wasn't there. I forgot he was on shift.
"I'm coming Bri!" I yelled out as I got out of bed.
I walked into her nursery and saw a crying Brielle in her crib.
"Hi princess, how are you?" I held her.
"You're getting so big!"
"Dada!" She yelled.
"Do you need to be changed?" I asked. I smelled her. "That's a yes.." I chuckled.
I changed her and sat in the rocking chair with her.
"Are you hungry Elle?" I asked her. I tired to nurse her and she latched right on.
"Dada!" She yelled again.
"Wanna go visit daddy and the rest of the firehouse?" I asked her.
"Dada, dada, dada!" She said.

I got her changed into that onesie that says "my mommy saves lives" with the firetrucks on it.
I got changed into leggings, ugg boots, and one of Kelly's squad hoodies. I got Brielle's diaper bag ready, got her stroller in the car, and carried her to the car. I got Brielle in her car seat, then I got myself in the car.

I still hadn't eaten breakfast, so I stopped at the Starbucks drive Thru.
"Hey, what can I get for you?" The worker said into the speaker.
"Can I get a venti iced macchiato with 3 splendas and cinnamon?" I asked
"Anything else?" She asked.
"No, Can I also get a chocolate chip muffin?" I said.
"Alright, your total is $7.43 at the next window."
"Dada!" Brielle yelled out.
"We're going to see Daddy right now, baby." I told her.
She kept saying Dada the whole ride.

I got the food and ate it on the way to the firehouse.
As I got up to the firehouse I saw the squad truck pull in. I got out and carried Brielle inside.
"Hey sweetheart." Kelly said as I walked into the
common room.
"Hey." I kissed him.
"Dada!" Brielle said.
"She's been saying that all morning!" I laughed.
"Told you she'd be a daddy's girl." He laughed. Taking Brielle from me.
"Wow she's already saying dada! It took Lee Henry a year and a half to say his first word. It was mama. He was waking before he talked!" Herrmann told us laughing.
Then I got a text from Gabby.
Gabby: Hey, I think I'm gonna go to the firehouse for a bit, you wanna come with me? I'm gonna see if Connie can watch Ally, I need some sleep!
Stella: I got here like 5 minutes ago! Don't worry, you can sleep in Casey's quarters for a bit, I'll watch Ally!
Gabby: really? Thanks Stella! You're a life saver! I'll see you in a few!

A minute later Casey got a text.
"Hey, Gabby's gonna come." He said.
"Yea I know, she texted me asking if I wanted to come here with her." I told him.
"Why didn't you text her when you came her?" Kelly asked me.
"Well I didn't know if she was awake, I woke up at 8:30 because of Brielle, then she kept saying Dada, so we came here." I said. "Someone tell me she ain't a daddy's girl!" I laughed.
Well, it's almost noon, shouldn't she be getting ready for her nap right now?" Kelly asked.
"Oh yea, shoot I didn't bring her pack and play. But I brought her stroller, I'll go get it real quick, she can nap in there." I said
"You're gonna stay here all day?" Kelly asked.
"Maybe... I'll stay with Gabby. I have about 7-8 months until I start working again." I said.
"Well, why would you spend them here, enjoy being home." Herrmann told me.
"This is my home." I chuckled.
I got her stroller and put her down for her nap. I set up the baby monitor and took the other piece and walked back to the common room.
"She didn't want to go down." I said. "She's finally asleep..."
"You know there is one downside for having her nap here in the firehouse.." Herrmann told me.
"What do you mean?-" I started to say, then the bells went off.

Squad 3, Ambo 61, Truck 81, Engine 51, Battalion 25 house fire 5643 northside ave
Then I heard Brielle crying through the baby's monitor.
"Dammit..." I said.
"Sorry..." Herrmann said as they ran out to the vehicles.
After they all left, I went back and put Brielle back to sleep.

I stayed with her for a bit before going into the common room. I put the monitor on the table and I want on my phone for a bit. Luckily it was sound proof in Kelly's quarters, so if I made any noise she wouldn't hear it. Unless it was like a gunshot.
"Hey Stella!" I heard someone say behind me.
"Hey!" I said, seeing it was Gabby and Alyssa. "Here, let me help you!" I said as I took her diaper bag off of her.
"She was sleeping in the car, and she woke up when I took her out of the car seat. I brought her dock a tock, I'm gonna go lay her down in Matt's quarters." She said.

After a little, Gabby came into the common room.
"Hey, can you watch Ally for me? I'm gonna go take a little nap in my bunk." She asked me.
"Don't even worry about it! Of course I watch her!" I told her, taking the monitor out of her hand.
After an hour, Gabby came out.
"Thanks, I really needed that..." she told me.
"Don't even worry about it! She's my goddaughter! I know you would do the same for me!" I told her.
"The guys still aren't back yet?" She asked me.
"No, it's been about an hour and a half now, I'm sure they'll come soon..." I told her.
"Yea, I guess you're right." She told me.

"You hungry?" I asked her as I looked through the cabinets.
"Yea, I'm starving, all I ate today was a cookie and 2 bottles of water." She told me.
"Want pasta?" I asked.
"Yea sure. What kind?" She asked me.
"Spaghetti noodles with Vodka sauce. I'm gonna make enough for the whole house." I said, grabbing a huge pot, 3 boxes of pasta, and 4 jars of vodka sauce.

After 30 minutes I finished it.
"Lunch time!" I said.
Gabby and I ate. When we finished we heard crying coming from both monitors.
We both got them and changed them, nursed them, then we sat on the couch in the common room.
"Hi Bri! Hi my princess!" I smiled and played with Brielle.
"Mama!" She said.
"Aww, she's so cute!" Gabby said.
"Can Ally talk yet?" I asked her.
"No, she's only 4 months old, all she does is sleep and eat." Gabby laughed. Holding a relaxing Alyssa in her arms.

About 20 minutes later everyone came back.
"Hey! I made pasta." I said as they all came in.
"Making my job easier." Mills laughed.
"Hey my Love." Casey told Gabby, taking Alyssa from her.
"Dada!" Brielle screamed.
"Where's Kelly?" I asked Casey.
"Uh, I think Squad is still out." He said as he looked through the windows of the doors that show the apparatus floor.
"Dada, dada!" Brielle kept saying.
"Princess, daddy will be here soon ok?" I tried to tell her.

She saying dada over and over again. I got up and tried waking all over the firehouse, bopping her up and down to try to get her relaxed, but she just kept asking for Kelly.
As I can back into the common room I said "omg where is Squad? She won't stop!" I said. Just then we saw Squad pull in.
"Thank god..." I said as I walked over to Kelly as he got out of the squad truck.
"Hey sweetheart." He said as he saw me. "What's wrong?"
"She's been asking for you ever since she woke up. If anyone ever tells me she isn't a daddy's girl, I will fight them." I laughed as Kelly took her from me.
"Hey princess!" He said as he took her.
"Dada!" Brielle yelled as she snuggled in his chest.

After a couple hours, it was now 8pm, Gabby and I decided to go home.
"I'll see you tomorrow baby." I told him as I got everything ready to go.
"Drive safe, I love you." He told me. As he gave me a kiss and helped me put Brielle in the car.
"I love you." I told him as I gave him a kiss, then I got in the car and left.

When I got home, I gave Brielle a bath and got her ready for bed. I laid in bed with Brielle in my chest until she fell fast asleep. When she fell asleep, I put her in her crib and went to bed.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥