Chapter 19

-Gender reveal/ Engagement announcement day-
~Kelly's POV~
Today was the day we would announce two very important things. 1. Brielle's gender. And 2. Me and Stella were getting married. Me and Stella got to the firehouse super early to set everything up.
"Aww, babe! It looks so cute!" Stella told me as she walked out on the apparatus floor. We had decorations all over. We put the Ambo and Engine outside in the driveway so we could have more space inside. There were tables all around the app. floor with snacks and cookies. There were chips and cookies that were blue and pink. Inside the common room, we would put food that Mills is bringing from his mom's restaurant.
We put the words "Girl" on the truck and "boy" on the Squad truck.

-Party Starts-
~Stella's POV~
It was 2pm and it was party time! Mills was the first one to come.
"Hey Stella!" He told me with 5 big containers of food in his hand.
"Let me help you!" I told him. I took 2 away from him and we walked into the kitchen. And placed them down on the counter.
"You didn't have to help me. They weren't heavy." He told me laughing.
"Those two I carried alone were like 10 lbs and you had 5 of them in your arms! So yes, I did have to."
I told him. He just laughed before asking me, "where do you want these?"
We set up the food buffet style and soon after everyone else came.

After everyone ate and guessed what they think the gender was. We explained how we were going to reveal the gender. Everyone thought it was a super fun and unique idea. Me and Kelly got into the vehicles. We waited until everyone was ready. We counted down and then I turned on the sirens and lights for the truck. Everyone cheered "it's a girl!"
I quickly put my ring on and put my hand behind my back.
"Alright, that's not all! We have one more thing to say..." Kelly told everyone. Everyone was super confused.

I took my hand away from my back and showed everyone. "We're getting married!" I yelled out.
Everyone cheered again.
"So that's why you guys called her Baby B. To trick us!" Herrmann laughed. We didn't want to tell anyone her name until after she's born.
"When's the wedding?" Gabby and Brett asked us.
"Next month!" Kelly said. We have been secretly planning it since we got engaged. The party went on for another 2 hours before everyone left. Matt, Gabby, Kelly, and I were the only ones left. We picked up the firehouse so it would be ready for the next day. (We didn't have shift tomorrow, but 3rd watch did)
"See you guys next shift!" I told Gabby and Matt as we all left.
"We're all going to your place! Matt is helping Kelly set up baby B's nursery!" Gabby told me. I was excited. They could get the whole thing done today!As far as decorating and Furniture building. Me and Gabby could put the clothes away when the nursery is done! I was so excited to see it!

-on the way to Kelly and Stella's house-
-Gabby's POV-
"Ok spill it." I told Matt.
"Spill what?" Matt asked.
"You're helping Kelly set up the nursery! You have to know what the theme is!" I told him. Me and Stella have been dying to know what theme Kelly chose.
"I know what it is, but I'm not telling you!" He said.
"Come on!" I begged him.
"We should be start and finish it today anyway! We're gonna get there by 7pm and we should be done by 10 or 11! All we have to do is build the furniture, put up decorations, and put everything in place! Kelly already knows where he wants to put everything!" He explained. He was excited to build it. And I was excited to see it!

-At Kelly and Stella's house-
~Stella's POV~
The guys have been working on the nursery for 3 hours now. It was already 10 pm.
"Are you guys done yet?" Gabby and I asked them through the closed door.
"Almost!" We heard them say.
"Let's go back to the couch." Gabby told me.
After 20 minutes the guys came out.
"Nursery's done!" They both said.
Gabby and I rushed to the room.
"Omg! It's so perfect!" I was crying so much.

The walls were light gray and navy blue. Her crib and all the other furniture was a dark gray wood. There was a crib, a dresser, a changing table, and a rocking chair. There was a blanket draped on the crib railings that said "my mommy and daddy save lives" and it had firetrucks on it. There were shelves where her toys would go.
"What to know something cool about this furniture?" Kelly asked me as he hugged me.
"What?" I smiled.
"The crib can turn into a full size bed, and the changing table can be a regular tall dresser. I didn't even know that until we started building them and saw a ton of extra pieces." He explained.
"It's true, he was so confused!" Laughed Matt.
"Look in that drawer." Kelly said as he pointed to the dresser. I looked inside and saw a little onesie that said "my mommy saves lives" with a fire truck on it.
"Where did you get this?" I asked him.
"I got it custom made." He smiled at me and kissed me.
"Babe, thanks! I love it!" I hugged him. And then thanked Matt as well.
"Dawson, want to come over tomorrow and help me organize everything? Her clothes? Her toys, her closet?" I asked her.
"Of course! I'll come by at 2pm!" She told me.

-Later that night-
Matt and Gabby left at 11pm. It was now 12pam and me and Kelly were laying in bed.
"Hey babe? You know we haven't talked about who Brielle's god parents should be." I told Kelly.
"Who did you have in mind?" He asked me.
"Gabby and Matt. They would be perfect. They're our best friends and if anything happens to us. We know they would take amazing care of Brielle!" I explained to him.
"You're so right!" He said back to me.

~Kelly's POV~
"I can't wait to become Stella Severide!" She told me as she admired her engagement ring. I was so surprised she said this.
"You-you really want to take my last name?" I asked her.
"Of course! I love you! But at the firehouse, I'll still go by Kidd, so there's no confusion." She told me. I teared up.
"I love you Stells!" I told her before I kissed her and we went to bed.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥