48. The Showing

Lynne adjusted her dress and looked at the house in front of her. The tan house was fenced in with a dark oak fence and had a three car garage beside it. She heard the rumble of a motorcycle and a small smirk started to form on her face. Lynne looked over her shoulder and watched as Jax pulled into the driveway.

"So you finally showed up after all, huh?" The snide remark slipped from Lynne's mouth as Jax turned off the motorcycle.

Jax chuckled and rolled his eyes, taking the key as he got off his motorcycle. "Let's get this over with." He spoke and took Lynne's hand, leading her towards the open door.

"Hi, are you Jen?" Lynne asked as they approached the door and noticed a middle aged woman, with her hair tied up in a bun. Lynne took in her appearance as she nodded, taking note of the black suit.

"I am." The woman smiled, sticking her hand out to shake theirs. "And you are?"

"Lynne Telford!" Lynne introduced herself, "And this is Jax, my boyfriend." She said and shook Jen's hand, then watched as Jax introduced himself and shook her hand as well.

"Great to meet you, come on in!" Jen spoke, "So the layout is basic. Down here, we have the living room, the dining room, the kitchen, a bathroom a bedroom and an office space."

As the three stepped in, Lynne took in the scenery. The house was empty, but there was a staircase in the front entrance. She took notice of the white walls as they walked in through the long hallway, where they ended up in the dining room.

"The dining room is here, the kitchen is attached. As you can see, there's two french doors with a big fenced in yard." Jen cleared her throat, "Over to the left, we have the living room and off of that, we have the office space which is closed off by another set of French doors." She smiled over at the two, then spoke again, "And if you walk down by the kitchen, there's a bathroom and the first bedroom. Upstairs, there's two rooms on each side of the hallway and finished off with the laundry room and a balcony."

"Sounds wonderful." Lynne said.

"Also, I forgot to mention..." Jen trailed off and looked at the couple. "There is a basement with a ton of storage, right off of the dining room and it has access to the garage."

"Thank you," Lynne smiled and nudged Jax.

"Do you mind if we take a look around?" He asked, speaking up for the first time since he had introduced himself. Once she nodded, he offered a small smile. "Thanks." He said and grabbed Lynne's hand, who eagerly rushed off to look at each room.

...

"What did you think?" Lynne asked as they stepped out of the house and closed the door behind them. She pulled her keys out from her purse and smiled over at Jax. "Good for the price, huh?"

"I don't mind it." Jax shrugged simply and started walking to this motorcycle and once he reached it, he swung his leg over.

"Really?" She asked with raises eyebrows, as she followed him to the motorcycle, her heels clicking on the pavement.

"Okay, fine." Jax huffed in defeat. "It's not bad."

"And?" Lynne crossed her arms on her chest and started to smile.

"We can get it, if it makes you happy. I just want to make you happy darlin'," Jax returned a slight smile, "I'll see you at home." He cleared his throat and started the motorcycle, then pulled out of the driveway, leaving Lynne standing in the exact same spot with a smile on her face.