86. Influence

Lynne had taken another test, a few weeks after. With Juice by her side, she glanced at the test.

Negative.

She couldn't help but to be disappointed.

Though she knew it was soon after the birth of her daughter - her now four and half month old, she really wanted another especially with Happy, since he had realized that was his new dream.

Shaking, she set the test down.

"I don't think it's right." She spoke as she looked at Juice.

"You don't?" Juice asked as he wrapped his arms tightly around his friend. He could tell she was upset.

"No - we had a positive." She spoke, "When I took one with Happy."

"Should you run over to St Thomas when we get home?"

Lynne nodded - "I could at least start with blood work." She stated, hugging her friend back. Once they had pulled away, she wiped her eyes and threw the test out in the trash can. Closing the bathroom door behind her, she looked at Lillia who had been laid to sleep by Happy in her cot. "He wants this... so bad." She spoke.

Juice nodded silently. He didn't doubt it, he was always a different person when Lynne was around.

"I'm gonna go find him." She spoke up.

"You know where I'll be," Juice smiled as he walked down the stairs, finding himself in the kitchen with her mother and the kids.

Lynne smiled as she walked down the stairs and exited through the back door after noticing Happy standing out by the lake.

Closing the door with a click behind her, she rushed forwards. As she walked, her sundress blew in the wind, her bare feet warm from the sun stroked grass. "Hey babe," She whispered upon meeting Happy at the dock.

"Hi girl." He spoke up, still staring out at the water. She reached for his hand and guided him down to the edge of the dock where she dipped her feet in. "Was it negative again?"

Solemnly, Lynne nodded her head at her partner.

"It's okay." He spoke gently, turning to face her.

"It's ripping you apart inside... there must be something we can try." Lynne spoke her hands moving to cup his face. Holding him, she leaned in and pressed her lips to his in a hungry kiss.

Immediately, he was kissing back. He felt intoxicated by her and he couldn't get enough.

Lynne looked around after pulling away. "Have me."

"Right here?" He asked, "I can see them." His gaze faltered from Lynne to the kitchen window.

"The boat, idiot." She stated as she looked to her right. "It's out of site."

Happy dragged her to her feet and stepped over to the boat, grabbing Lynne by the hips. He had lifted her into the boat with him and kissed her passionately.

"You're going to get me into so much trouble, Lynne." He said, quickly pulling off his shirt.

"You love the danger." She smirked up at her lover, bending herself over the seat. She pulled up her dress to reveal that she was wearing no underwear.

Happy cursed and without a thought, he shoved himself into her.

If only he could say that he made love to her on that boat. If he did, he would've lied.

🖤

Lynne looked up at Happy, who'd been staring down at her. "I think the negatives have been wrong." She spoke.

"Me too." Happy spoke as he looked down at her, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. "Why would we have that positive - why would you feel the way that you do?"

"I'm not sure." Lynne cleared her throat, as she sat up from the bench seat in the boat. As Happy did himself, she wrapped her arms around him.

"Have you thought about doing blood work?"

"Juice and I just talked about it."

"If you're not pregnant now... I'm sure you will be soon."

The smirk on Happy's face melted Lynne. Lynne trailed her hands down from his jaw to his chest. Watching how reactive he became to her touch, she smiled.

"I want to be." She stated softly, "I'm surprised I'm not now."

"I think you are." Happy spoke up, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "If that counts for anything."

Lynne smiled. "You sure you're not upset?" She asked again, hesitantly as she looked over at Happy - her eyes boring into his which were filled with many emotions.

"We'll figure it out." He responded, using one hand to tuck hair behind his girl's ear. "Whatever happens is meant to be."

"What have you been drinking?" Lynne teased. "I might like this new and improved Happy."

"I must say, you are a good influence."