57. En Route

Lynne came to as she was pulled to the floor. She groggily reached up and rubbed her eyes, looking up at Gemma who was sat beside her, adjusting the pillow under her neck.

"We gotta go," Lynne breathed shakily and grilled at her stomach as she got another sharp contraction. "The baby feels like they're about to pop out!"

"Happy will be here in two minutes, we're not leaving the kids." Gemma spoke, "Do kegels or something, don't let that baby come out!"

"I wish it was that easy." Lynne shot her a look and held her stomach. She looked over at Abel, who laid his head on her chest.

"Mama? You okay?"

She could see the overwhelming amount concern and fear in his eyes.

Pull yourself together Lynne!

"Abel, mommy is fine." She took a deep breath and sighed in relief as the door was thrown open. "Happy?" She called out as she slowly started to sit up.

"Damn, girl." Happy spoke, his eyes wide as he noticed the puddle of fluid on the floor, and Lynne's appearance.

"Right?" Lynne breathed and slowly stood up, giving Happy her hand in attempt to get help up. Once she was pulled to her feet by her former boyfriend, she wrapped her arms around him and pressed her head against his chest. "God, Hap, I'm so scared." She breathed, trying to keep herself calm, but she had so much anxiety about giving birth.  

"I know girl, but you'll do great." Happy spoke and pressed a kiss to the woman's head, then turned after pulling away and grabbed the bags for both Abel and Thomas. "I'll bring them when you're ready." He cleared his throat.

Lynne nodded and as she leaned down to give Abel a kiss, she felt an intense contraction. She tried to breathe through it but quickly clutched onto the chair that sat in front of the table. Her knuckles began to turn white and she looked over at Gemma, "We need to go," She tried to speak quietly, but she was starting to feel frantic. She felt the baby wiggle and the pressure was becoming too much. 

Gemma nodded quickly and grabbed her arm, watching as Happy grabbed all the hospital bags and told Abel to go get in the truck and buckle himself in. He followed them out and threw all the bags in the truck, before helping Gemma get Lynne in the SUV. Once she was in, he went back to the house and grabbed Thomas. 

"Good luck, girl." He said as he approached the black SUV and pressed a kiss to her head, before heading to the truck to make sure Abel was buckled and to get Thomas in. 

Lynne held her bump with both hands and rested her head on the headrest, cursing under her breath as Gemma pulled out of the driveway and sped to the nearest hospital. She watched as the truck became a distant memory.