54. After school visits

Lynne looked up from the stroller and watched as the children poured out from the doors, rushing to their parents. As she looked for Abel, she continued to push the stroller to try and keep Thomas soothed. He had already taken the most Tylenol he could for the day.

Lynne had tried everything - a frozen teether, massaging his gums, teething oil, tylenol, soft and cold foods and even more than that - but nothing worked.

She was sure at this point, it just had to do with wanting attention. The second she would pick up Thomas, he was fine. But the second she put him down, he was a screaming and crying mess.

It was exhausting.

As Thomas began to whine, she sighed and looked down at him.

"Tommy, it's okay," She spoke and gave him his pacifier, that seemed to silence the crying at least for a few minutes.

Once Lynne looked up again, she spotted Abel. With a happy smile, he rushed towards her and as soon as he reached her, he wrapped his arms around her legs.

"Hi, bud!" She greeted her eldest son, "How was school?" She asked softly and watched as he let go and adjusted his backpack so it was on both shoulders.

"Good, mama but I missed you." He said and grabbed her hand as they started to walk through the parking lot. "And Tommy, too."

"We missed you too, Abel!" Lynne grinned and unlocked the car as they reached it. She opened the back door for Abel, cautiously watching as he got in and began to buckle himself. She made sure he was buckled in properly, then took Thomas out of the stroller and used her key to open the trunk as she walked around to the passenger side of the car. After opening the door, Lynne got Thomas in his car seat safely, buckled him in and cursed as he started crying. She hushed hi and gave him a kiss on the cheek, before closing the door.

Lynne walked around the back of the car and quickly closed up the stroller and put it in the trunk, before closing it. She walked to the driver's side and got in, sighing as Thomas was still crying. She smiled as Abel started to talk to his younger brother , attempting to soothe him.

She started the car and immediately turned on the air conditioning. She gave it a few minutes to cool down, then she turned on the radio an played it quietly, hoping that it would calm Thomas.

Lynne put her car into drive and pulled out of the parking lot, taking a left and immediately heading towards the prison that Jax was in, seeing as she needed to keep the kids out of the house as it was being repainted and remoddled. Thankfully, Lynne also scheduled for the rest of their things to be moved in as well, and had even scheduled an appointment to see Jax on purpose.

After about a twenty-five minute drive, which included many turns and highways, all while Thomas was still screaming, Lynne pulled into the parking lot and hugged.

"Tommy," She spoke softly as she unbuckled herself, slipped out of the front door after grabbing her purse. As Lynne opened the back door for Abel, then walked around the car, she sighed and lifted her screaming son out of his car seat. "Tommy, it's okay."

Getting frustrated, she strapped him into the baby carrier that she put on her chest and rubbed his back.

"Ready, Abel?" She asked, as he jumped out of the car and closed the door behind him.

Lynne locked the car.

"Yes, mom." Abel said and walked around the car to his mother. "I'm excited."

Lynne smiled and took her older sons hand, walking across the street and into the building. As she stepped in, she was immediately required to be searched, as was Abel.

After being patted down, she stepped through the metal detecting booth and stepped aside, grabbing the rest of her belongings out of the white trey. She coaxed Abel to walk through it and then grabbed his hand.

"Thank you." She spoke to the two officers as she bounced Thomas, trying to keep him soothed as he begun to cry again.

"You're welcome, ma'am." One of the officers spoke and nodded at her.

With a smile, Lynne passed through the hallway and made it to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" The woman that had been here the last time looked up. Ironically, her name was Angel and she remembered that.

"Here to see Jackson Teller." Lynne spoke simply and sighed in relief as she looked down and saw as Thomas relaxed and closed his eyes.

"You look like you got your hands full." She spoke.

Lynne stifled a laugh and smiled, "I do, for sure." Clearing her throat, she smiled as the door buzzed and opened, then she stepped through with both of her sons.

She walked to the visitation room and stepped in after the door buzzed. Lynne pulled out a seat for Abel and let him sit, then she took Thomas out of the carrier and set him on the table, as he woke up and decided to let him play with the toys she pulled out of her purse.

As the door buzzed open, she looked up then watched as Abel shot up, rushing at his father who hadn't even stepped through the door.