56. Go Time

With a heavy breath, Lynne cringed at the shooting pain through her belly. Immediately she called Gemma as she got another contraction, not even seconds later.

"Gem?" She whined, as soon as she picked up, "I need you." With a heavy breath and shaking hands, she went to go sit down but yelled in pain and looked down as she heard droplets hit the floor. "Gemma, my water just broke!"

"I'm on my way." Gemma spoke immediately and she heard rustling around before the call ended.

Standing in the puddle of water, Lynne breathed heavily and stood up straight. "Alright, baby, wait for Grandma." As another contraction hit her, she screeched out and lowered herself to the floor. "Abel!" She cried out.

She heard small little footfalls on the wooden floors and then the creak of her bedroom door.

"Mommy," Abel whispered and walked towards her, looking down at his mother. "What's wrong?"

"Your baby sibling is coming." She breathed through her contraction. "Can you pack a bag for yourself and Tommy? You're going to stay with Grandpa."

"Yes mama," Abel spoke and put his hand on her belly, then reached up and gave her a hug.

"Hurry, Abel, okay? Grandma is coming." Lynne spoke and watched as he hurried off to his own room to get his things together.

Breathing heavily, she slowly stood up and grabbed her hospital bags from the corner of the room and pushed them with her feet, out of the room and down the stairs.

Lynne took a heavy breath and slowly stepped down the stairs, feeling heavy pains with each step.

She headed to the kitchen and made herself and Abel something to eat, knowing she wouldn't be able to eat in the hospital until after she had the baby. With each movement she took, her contractions got heavier and closer together.

About twenty five minutes later, Abel rushed down the stairs with two backpacks. He dropped them and ran over to his mom, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the kitchen table to sit.

"Thank you for listening, baby." She groaned out between a horrible contraction and finally sat down. "There's lunch on the counter for us, okay?" She breathed, "I want you to eat something. I'm sure Grandma brought one of your uncles to come pick you and Tommy up."

Abel nodded and grabbed his plate, as well as his mothers and brought them both to the table. He started eating, keeping an eye on mom.

Lynne slowly ate her sandwich and faintly heard the door unlock.

"Lynne?" She heard Gemma call out, her heels clicking.

Going lightheaded and pale in the face, Lynne opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. Her head fell forward and the last thing she heard was Abel screaming for his grandmother.