96. Late Night

Happy lifted the small one year old out of her crib. He had came home in the late hours of the night and had accidentally woken her up.

Lillia cuddled up to who she now knew as her father and soon after, her crying was soothed.

Rocking her back and forth, he smiled as she begun to drift off again. Slowly he set her back into her crib. Hanging out for a few minutes, he made sure she stayed asleep before leaving the room.

Happy quietly left the room, closing the door behind him before walking towards his and Lynne's bedroom.

Stripping off his clothes, he walked into the connected bathroom after noticing the twins were curled up with their mother in bed which caused a smile.

He closed the bathroom door behind him and started the warm water for a shower, hoping the hot water would massage the knots out of his neck and back as he didn't want to wake his sleeping fiancé. With a heavy sigh, he grabbed a towel out of the closet and tossed it on the counter. Opening the shower door, he stepped in.

Leaning against the wall of the spacious shower, he let the water run down his aching muscles.

Happy closed his eyes and relaxed, his eyes popping open out of habit as the door clicked open.

"You're late tonight."

He was met by Lynne's voice.

Looking over, he smirked as she dropped the short satin slip on nightgown she was wearing. Happy pushed open the shower door and smiled as she graciously stepped in and immediately wrapped her arms around his toned torso, leaning up against his chest.

"I love you." He responded gently, pressing soft chaste kisses to her head. "I'm sorry," He wrapped his arms tightly around her smaller frame. "I was running late tonight."

"Guns?" Lynne asked, which prompted Happy to nod and bury his head in her hair. "Did you miss being nomad?"

Happy shrugged, "I wanted to stay with the club... but Jax," He trailed off, "I'm not sure if that's possible."

"It might never be." Lynne spoke up, "I know it must bring a lot back for you... memories of your mom,"

"A little bit." He spoke slowly, looking down at Lynne, who's hands had made it to his lower back. Rubbing and pulling out the knots, she kept her head against his chest. "I miss her."

"She's still with you," Lynne smiled solemnly, "She was a good woman. She tried her best." She opened her eyes and lifted her head ever so slightly, pressing kisses to his collar bones.

"I know she did." He spoke softly, looking down at Lynne. He watched as she stepped back so he could shower. He let the water hit his body once again and grabbed the cloth, soaping it up with his body wash.

Applying it to his body, he scrubbed and rubbed off all the dirt and grease from his body. Rinsing off once he was satisfied, he stepped back to let Lynne do the same.

"How were the kids today?" He asked as she rinsed the shampoo out of her hair.

"They were good." Lynne responded, with a smile. "They all missed you." With a smile she looked over at Happy. Upon finishing rinsing her shampoo, she quickly applied conditioner before rinsing that as well.

After quickly rinsing off her body, she turned off the water.

Happy smiled and stepped out of the shower, grabbing the two towels. He wrapped one around Lynne, then wrapped his around his waist.

Lynne quickly dried herself off, then grabbed the nightgown. Because it was clean, she slipped back into it and leaned up pressing a kiss to Happy's lips.

Happy smiles and kissed her back gently, once again wrapping his arms around the small framed woman. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you," she responded as she broke the kiss. Opening the bathroom door, she stepped out and headed back towards their bed. Rubbing her eyes tiredly, she slipped back into bed.

Happy followed suit. He pulled the blankets over the two, and twins before drifting off into a peaceful sleep.