5. Awake

Sweat formed on her forehead as she slept, dripping down her face slowly. Her hands gripping at the pillow that she was sleeping on, eyes closed tight.

Soon she would start thrashing and he already knew.

He rolled over slowly and gently rested a hand on her back, rubbing it. "Hey, girl. Wake up." Happy spoke and shook her, very slightly. "Lynne. You need to wake up, open your eyes." He sais slowly and shook her again. Happy immediately pulls her into his arms as she wakes up and starts crying, her entire body shaking like leaves from a strong wind. "I got you," He mutters in her ear and looks down at her as she looks up at him, tears pouring out of her broken blue eyes.

"H-Happy," She mutters and sniffles, wiping her eyes. "Oh, my... it was fucking horrible.." She whispers and wraps her arm around her stomach, sniffling. "I can't, I don't know what to do.. I think it'll kill me.."

"Hey. Shut up." Happy shakes his head and presses a kiss to the top of her head, "I don't want to hear you talk like that."

"Sorry, I just.."

"Don't.. just take a breath and look at me." Happy speaks gently and takes her face in his hands. "You know I love you, girl. And nothing's ever going to happen to you."

"I know, Hap." She nods and wipes at her eyes. "I love you too... and I'm sorry that I'm just a mess right now."

"Well, if you weren't.. I'd be concerned." He chuckles softly and pulls her against his bare chest, holding her close. "I'm going to go make you some food with those cooking skills you taught me," He chuckles and rests his chin on her head. "Do you want Juice or Chibs?"

"Chibs." She responds and lets out a small giggle, "How do you still have those skills if it's been years?"

"I kept cooking and shit." He smiles slowly, "It was really the only thing I had left of you."

"Look, if you keep being all sappy and sweet.. I'm gonna start balling again," Lynne says and looks up at him, giving him a slight smile.

Happy lets out a deep chuckle before slowly pulling away. It's quite for a few minutes, then he speaks up. "I think the guys want to throw a party tonight to celebrate your return."

"Oh, okay." She says softly and nods. "I wanna get drunk anyway."

Happy chuckles in response and rests his hand on her leg, before standing up. "That's my girl." He chuckles and pulls on a shirt, "No more tears right now, alright?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" Lynne teases and salutes, giving him a small giggle.

"You know I like that." Happy mutters under his breath and shakes his head slowly, "You, girl, better watch it." He gives her a small smirk before he leaves the room.

Lynne just smiled some, slowly laying back on the bed. She grabbed Happy's prepaid phone and looked at the time, before she set it back down and looked around the room.

She hadn't noticed before, but it was quite clean, at least for him. She knew his house wasn't. Lynne slowly sat up again, climbing out of the bed slowly. It was only about three in the afternoon, so she had some downtime before the party. Most likely, it would start around nine.

Lynne lifted her shirt and looked at the gauze on her stomach, closing her eyes. "I'm sorry it happened like this.." she muttered and touched her stomach, "I still love you." Tears threatened to spill as she opened her eyes and pressed her hand against the wound, but she blinked them away. "Distractions, distractions.." she muttered as she tried to think of things she could do. Immediately, she stripped the bed and remade it, fluffing the pillows as well.