Unveiling the Unusual

ARC1/CHP6 : Unveiling the Unusual
____________________________________________

Upon his return home after an absence of an hour, he quickly conducted a thorough inspection and confirmed that all weapons were in their proper place and everything was in order. Now, he only had to wait for Mr. Gwan to apprehend the gang, as he had been given 24 hours to do so. Losing a valuable business partner like Mr. Gwan was not something he wished to contemplate just yet.

Making his way to the kitchen to attend to his growling stomach, he found a plate of food waiting for him on the counter, courtesy of his elder brother. He took a seat and ate, too languid to make his way to the dining room.

As he rose from his seat, he noticed the unusual hush that permeated the house. It was uncommon for his elder brothers to be so still, particularly Taehyung, who would typically be chasing after Hoseok, who was always teasing him. He searched the ground floor, but found no trace of them. The silence was so profound that if a fly had flown by, he would have heard it. Ascending to the first floor, he heard murmurs coming from the direction of his room. There, he found them all congregated in front of Jimin's room, with Taehyung pacing back and forth with a somber expression, and Hoseok doing the same. The others were seated on the floor, gazing at the closed door.

"What is going on here? What did I say before I left?" he inquired, approaching them.

"Forgive us, Kook, we didn't want to disobey you, but something is amiss with Jimin," Yoongi, still seated on the floor, explained.

"What do you mean? What happened while I was gone?"

"I went to bring him food because Jin was occupied. I found him crying and shouting like a madman. I tried to touch him to inquire what was wrong, but he just screamed and fainted. I tried to wake him up but to no avail. He has not awakened since," Taehyung revealed, his expression remorseful.

"Tae, I told you it's not your fault. Stop worrying," Namjoon attempted to console him, patting his back.

"No, Hyung, if I hadn't touched him, he wouldn't be in this state, or at least not to this extent," Taehyung still appeared guilty.

"And why are all of you here, looking as if you've lost your parents? He just fainted," he mocked sarcastically, though he felt a pang in his heart upon hearing that Jimin could not wake up. He decided to push it aside, as there were more pressing matters at hand, like the data in the hands of someone who could die without him killing them. Jimin's condition was not a cheerful one.

"Listen, Kook, we understand that you don't want us to get close to him for some reason, but you can't force us to stop feeling. I know we just met him, but something about him has made us attached," Hoseok was on the brink of tears.

Jungkook could not recall the last time he had cared for someone, it was too long ago, and it was not a good experience. He loved his elder brothers, but if anything adverse came from them or if they tried to hurt him, he would not be affected. That was how deeply ingrained his trust issues were.

He always expected the closest and dearest people in his life to hurt him, However, he knew deep down that he needed to stop forcing others to adopt his pessimistic outlook.

"Kook," Yoongi patted his shoulder, "I understand that you don't want us to get hurt, that's why you prevent us from interacting with others. But just take a look at the kid, he's so innocent and pure, so fragile. He can't even protect himself from a bee, how could you possibly think he would harm us? He needs help and love. Can we at least visit him occasionally?" Yoongi implored him with beseeching eyes.

If jungkook were to say that he was shocked, it would be a gross understatement. Yoongi, who was once heartless like himself, had developed a soft spot for the child they had only just met. Before he could even respond, Jin appeared, and the rest of them quickly ran to him, eager to inquire about Jimin's health.