Quest for Freedom

ARC1/CHP10  : Quest for Freedom

It has been fourteen days since the unfortunate data incident, and Jungkook has embarked on a business trip. Prior to his departure, he delegated his responsibilities to Namjoon, as he serves as his underboss. The brothers are usually found spending their leisure time within the confines of Jimin's room, but due to Jungkook's strict orders, they are unable to him venture outside. not daring to disobey. Despite his absence, Jungkook maintains a vigilant watch over the household through security cameras connected to his phone or through phone calls with his trusted men. This is not a reflection of a lack of trust in his brothers, but rather a manifestation of his belief that {prevention is better than cure} .

 ever since his departure, Jimin has been consumed with thoughts of when Jungkook will return. He has not forgotten about the deal he made with him . and over the last two weeks, he has grown attached to his hyungs. He loved their company and eagerly awaited the opportunity to have a little more freedom once Jungkook comes back.

 His inner demons and insecurities were still present and continued to haunt him, but thanks to the unwavering support of his hyungs, he has been able to push them aside for the time being.

When Jin entered his room to deliver his lunch, he asked hopefully, "Hyung, when will Mr. Jeon be back?" as he hugged his knees and gazed at Jin.

"I am unsure of the precise moment, but Mr. Jeon mentioned he would return sometime between today and tomorrow night," Jin replied as he seated himself beside Jimin and placed the lunch in front of him. There was a noticeable change in the relationship between Jin and Jimin, as follows:

When Jin was present, Jimin was forbidden from using his hands to eat, as Jin would feed him himself. Jin would affectionately embrace Jimin upon entering and exiting the room, which was a considerable amount for jimin comfort zone if you ask him. Only Jin was permitted to cook and feed Jimin. Jin acted more like a mother than a brother, and he even begged Jimin to let him wash him, before a shower, which left Jimin flustered. Jin would stroke Jimin's hair and cheek to put him to sleep.

that amidst the numerous transformations that occurred between him and the elder brothers, other than that there was one conspicuous alteration that didn't go unnoticed y the brothers which was the demeanor of Jimin. The young man had always been devoid of genuine laughter and smiles, settling for mere giggles and chuckles when the older brothers would tell him jokes. Though he was no longer as broken as when he first arrived, Jimin still struggled to smile, as he had never learned how to, nor had he ever experienced true happiness. 

This immense change, from nothing to a mansion filled with loving and jubilant people, left jimin bewildered, though grateful nonetheless.

"Jimin-ah, do you miss Jungkook by any chance?" Jin queried with a smirk, as he glanced at Jimin from the corner of his eye.

"N-no," Jimin stammered, as he looked away shyly. "It's just that he made a deal with me. He said if I can maintain eye contact with him while speaking without stuttering or shaking in fear, he'll consider letting me leave the room." upon hearing that Jin stared at Jimin with wide eyes and an open mouth, dumbfounded.

"Jungkook said that? Are you sure?"

"Yes, why are you surprised? Is something wrong?" Jimin asked, confused.

"No, nothing. I'm happy for you, Jimin-ah. I hope you'll be able to do that," Jin said, as he fed Jimin the final spoonful of food.

"Thank you, hyung, for everything you've done for me," Jimin expressed his gratitude, as Jin hugged him and kissed his forehead.