new information

ARC2/ CHP 12 : new information

  When the dreaded morning came, Jimin felt cold.

He instinctively looked for the warmth he surely felt against him just a couple of hours ago but found the space next to him empty.

Jimin could feel his heart was pounding really hard in his chest, he didn't even  get to open his eyes yet, But he knew he needed to confirm that his suspicions were wrong or he would go crazy.

   only then he noticed that he was holding his breath for too long , he coughed and massaged the area where his heart linger to ease the pain.

Even though he was scared to see what was waiting for him he eventually did and decided to face the impending reality. The first thing his eyes perceived was the empty spot in his bed .

Jimin didn't get to dwell on it for long when the door of his room was pushed ajar.

he glances over, and his heart trips in his chest when jungkook is already there, looking back at him , Breakfast in his hands.

Jimin doesn't move , he just stares as Jungkook walks toward him with a bright smile , the breakfast left on the bedstand and the older sat on the edge of bed in an instant pulling him into a hug .

" Good morning , you slept for an entire day , how are you feeling?"
he asks gently , placing a comforting hand on the younger's trembling shoulder. Jimin almost snivelled in shame .

"I'm sorry hyungie , I thought I was doing better , I thought I could face anything but.." Jimin  muttered brokenly, voice so small , hurt and desperate .

" No baby , you're doing better what happened yesterday was a natural reaction after seeing someone who looks like me in that state , you didn't relapse  I think even the hyungs could have the exact same reaction if they saw him "

" W-what then..-"

" No they didn't see him , no one except me and the doctors did " Jungkook explained calmly , he was sure Jimin catches the bitter tone in his voice and he was glad that the latter didn't say anything.

" C'mon you should eat "

Jimin nods and opened his mouth , probably to ask about his  twin brother , but he stops when he spots the slightest frown on Jungkook's eyebrows , it wasn't evident but it was there . He sighed and took the food from Jungkook hands and ate in silence.

So here's the thing , Jimin has no idea how blood relationship and deep feeling works or how much it hurts Jungkook to see his brother like that , but what he does know is that the reason why his husband didn't tell him anything has nothing to do with what happened in their family or what they did to him but it's something to do with his twin brother .

He has seen the way Jungkook treated his father and family and how he didn't care about Jimin seeing them or anyone else , and surely jimin isn't a feeling expert but he knows enough , he worked enough on his emotions to know that if you really didn't care about something or someone you won't have a hard time dealing with them .

So with Jungkook promise that he'll open up and tell him everything soon , Jimin decided to wait calmly and close the topic till the older opens it himself.

Two days later ,in the living room, Jungkook's father was sitting in one of the big couches , reading a few documents , Noah besides him working on something in his laptop , honestly when Jimin saw him there with his bandaged leg and head held up as if he owns the place even with his bruised face,  he wasn't at all surprised .

This kinda confidence really suits a jeon , he can somehow see Jungkook on the middle aged man attitude and features.

What's more Jimin concluded it's only Because of their fine genes, jeon family's three sons grew up to look pretty good, look at their father and mother even though Jimin knows nothing about them he can't deny something when it's obvious,  but since he was biased, Jungkook naturally looked the most outstanding and ethereal, his deep and flawless face was like a work of art created with high caution.

That aside , the only reason the Jeon father was free is because of the recent commotion in Jungkook's work , there was a strive to hack their system as well as a few of their men were mysteriously disappearing only to be found the next day just flesh on bones . Therefore to find a solution and find out who b.k is  , the father was free with two condition , eating and sleeping in the basement , the only places he can be in were the living room , the room where Noah and his mother sleeps and the bathroom .

When Jungkook finally joined the two leaving Jimin who decided to watch them from the dinning table with yoongi , Noah looked up with a frown.

He sneered in his heart, staring into the computer screen, and indifferently said, " I think this is just a warning " .

" Meaning? " Jungkook said , that was the first time jeon father has seen his eldest calm and composed ,he looked mature , all their life together was spent fighting or seeing each other at night while having dinner , so it felt foreign for him to sit in the same place and have a decent conversation with Jungkook.

" According to hobi hyung the system and method the hacker used was really strong he could have easily accessed for a few seconds before hobi takes him down and that was enough time , but he didn't push it all , it's as if he was sending a warning to you"

" So I can only conclude, he's isn't necessary after my work "

" Why would you think that ?"  Jeon father was quick to call out , feeling a bit confused and left out . It was only for Jungkook's indifferent attitude that Noah took it on him to elaborate and explain .

" It's well known that jeon Jungkook rarely works with papers , it's all about data processing and secured system , meaning everything is in the computers "

" So he is after Jungkook himself , maybe that's why he targeted me as well "

" But what makes it more confusing is that he isn't realy trying hard , he's taking his time to do things , it's like he's playing a game, and Hyung remember yesterday you told me when Jimin was kidnapped he only asked stupid and meaningless questions , why do you think he did that ?" Noah quickly stated, ushering the two to look at the computer screen in his lap   before they broached a point that could potentially be something extremely serious.

" This is a street cam that hobi  hyung hacked yesterday when he was telling us about what happened with Jimin , do you recognize the place ?"

Jungkook remained quiet for a while after that , rewatching the short video tape over and over till he abruptly stopped the video at something that looked more like a barn than a building, jeon father just raised his eyebrow in question as Jungkook began to replay that part for more than five times.

" This is where we cought the fake b.k "

Noah nodded and pursed his lips , " yes , if you look closely you'll see a shadow exciting the place , it isn't clear but hobi hyung succeeded on unblurring it a little , look closely "

Jungkook blankly stared back at the video with much more concentration at the details , he could easily make out the shadow Noah pointed at now that he's looking at it , it was still a little blurry but it was easily distinguished, the figure of a man  looking around before disappearing behind one of the buildings.

" This was recorded half an hour before you and your men got there , it was the only camera working , all the others stopped around 5 in the morning , I hope you understand what this means!"

" That he knew about your movement and you being there and finding the fake b.k was a part of his plan " jeon father stated , his eyes not leaving the computer ,  He pauses, finally allowing his eyes to stray to Jungkook’s face for a second , " it means he knew what he was doing all along , from kidnapping  your spouse to destroying my company and sending you small threats"

In all honesty , Jungkook didn't know how to react at the sudden information discovery, he let his eyes shift toward yoongi and Jimin who were listening from far all along , whilst yoongi looked confounded , Jimin didn't react much and looked as if it was something he already expected .

_________________________________

It's short , sorry 😔

Grandma fell and broke the bone connecting her pelvis and thigh , she's been in our house since then , and a lot of things happen after that ( guests , taking care , work...) And it's  taking my whole time.