Fears and Fateful Encounters

ARC1/CHP7 :Fears and Fateful Encounters
_____________________________________

After his conversation with Yoongi, Jimin spent a great deal of time pondering his next steps. After a good night's sleep, as advised, he decided to practice with the guys. much to his delight, Jungkook was absent for the day, allowing Jimin to get to know the other members better and feel more at ease around them. After several hours of conversation, he even manages to speak without stuttering, a significant improvement from his previous struggle to utter two words without hesitation. For the first time in his life, Jimin feels alive, instead of the constant sadness and loneliness he felt before coming to the Mafia Mansion.

For the first time in his life, Jimin felt alive with anticipation. He knew Jungkook would be arriving any moment, but the other members were still lingering in the room, causing Jimin some concern.

" I-I think it's time for y-you to go," Jimin said, trying to politely usher them out. He didn't want Jungkook to arrive and find them all together, as it might result in some trouble.

Yoongi patted Jimin's head affectionately before leaving. "Don't worry, Jimin. We'll leave. Just remember, speak clearly, and don't be deceitful, alright?"

Tae attempted to bolster Jimin's confidence. even though he knew it was a lost cause "Don't be nervous, chim. We know you're afraid, but you can pretend to be at ease.

Jin joined the others in their exit, wishing Jimin good luck, mouthing a "hwaiting."

"Okay everyone, let's go. Jimin, remember, don't let your fears rule you, okay?"

The members settled in the living room, eagerly waiting for Jungkook's arrival. Soon enough, they heard the front door open. Namjoon tried to calm their nerves. "Don't worry, everyone. Everything will be fine. Jin, we trust in you."

jungkook headed straight for the dining room, with the others eagerly waiting for him. Jin turned to the members and said, "Don't worry, everyone. I'll do my best to persuade him."

Jungkook informed Jin that he would like to speak with him in 30 minutes. When Jin entered the room, he found Jungkook looking exhausted and run down.

"Hello Kook, you look tired. You haven't been getting enough rest lately. Don't overwork yourself. We all have three days off, but why are you still working? I'm truly concerned for you," Jin said, sitting down beside him and gently stroking his hair. he knew that jungkook had always put work before his own health so he couldn't help but worry.

Jungkook reassured Jin. "Don't worry, hyung. After I handle the Italian Mafia and the data problem, I'll make sure to take a break."

"Alright. then when will you talk with Jimin? "Jin asked

"I think I'll do it now. The sooner, the better," Jungkook replied.

Jin nodded " Don't you think you should rest first, kook? you look awful it's bothering me I'm worried sick you know "

" I'll be fine "

" okay," Jin hugged Jungkook tightly and asked him to be gentle with Jimin if possible. "I know it's a lot to ask, but please do it for me," he said, looking away.

"Although I am completely drained, Hyung, I cannot bring myself to engage in a heated argument with you. So I will not inquire as to why I should do so," he declared solemnly, causing Jin's disappointment to be reflected in his hanging head.

"But, I am willing to make a sincere effort, as long as he does not provoke my anger," he added.

A flicker of hope lit up Jin's face. He was not expecting such a prompt concession and he was overjoyed when he offered to try. He hugged him tightly, expressing his gratitude and making him promise to take a rest until an hour before the meeting tomorrow. Afterwards, Jin and the rest retired to bed, even though it was only 9 PM. They usually do not sleep this early, but they all have to return to work tomorrow, so they need to recharge their batteries.