bonus chapter.

(this is the longest I wrote in a chapter it can go for a one-shot)

(⚠️ This chapter is not revised , if you see mistakes or lost paragraphs, point that out for me . Please)

    Jungkook's world had come to a standstill, he stood paralyzed as he gazed at his twin brother lying before him, afraid that if he spoke or moved, this miracle before him would shatter and fade away.

just inches away was Jonghyun wide awake, his eyes meeting Jungkook's with a dizzy yet disbelieving look.

Jungkook's breath caught in his throat. The wall he had built around his heart to numb the pain began to crumble.

Two days ago, when the doctors called to share the news, Jungkook had resisted allowing hope to creep in. He refused to come up to the 4th floor, unwilling to have his heart broken all over again if it wasn't real.

Over the past four painful years, there had been times when Jungkook had lost all hope that his twin would ever wake up. If not for Jimin reassuring him again and again, he may have already given up completely and relinquished the last shreds of hope in his heart.

Jimin, on the other hand, had clung to a strange yet unyielding knowing that one day Jonghyun would open his eyes again. Jungkook never understood the unwavering well of hope and optimism Jimin drew this belief from.

He had visited Jonghyun every day, attending to his needs and taking care of him. He had also brought their young son along many times, making sure their little one knew about his uncle. Jimin's unwavering belief had always puzzled Jungkook, but now, seeing the truth before his eyes, he couldn't help but feel grateful for Jimin.

Jungkook had never visited his twin during those long years of suffering. The pain of knowing Jonghyun was trapped in such a state had been too much for him to bear. He couldn't see him in that state. Knowing was already enough pain.

The only time he saw Jonghyun's face after all those years in a coma was that fateful day when Jimin had charged in with a knife, driven by jealousy and fear, thinking someone Jungkook loved more than him was there. That was the first Jungkook had ever revealed to Jimin that he had a twin.

But now, as Jungkook stood motionless, witnessing the transformation in Jonghyun's gaze from hazy and dizzy to wide and disbelieving.

"Koo..." Jonghyun whispered, his voice raspy and cracked from years of disuse. "Is it...really you?"

jungkook felt the walls around his heart crumbling. The raspy and cracked voice calling his name sent tears streaming down his cheeks.

The pain was too much. Easier not to feel at all. But now, seeing Jonghyun awake and whispering his name in a cracked, raspy voice, emotions flooded Jungkook's heart once more.

Overwhelmed with emotion, Jungkook sank to his knees by the entrance door, his body wracked with silent tears that soon turned into heart-wrenching sobs.

Jonghyun watched helplessly, his own eyes welling up. The sight of his usually stoic and unyielding twin breaking down was both heartrending and surreal.

Never had he seen Jungkook cry like this. His strong, stoic twin - not once had he broken down throughout everything.

Jungkook doesn't cry. Jungkook never cries.

It was utterly strange yet profoundly heartbreaking to witness. Jonghyun yearned to reach out and provide comfort, but his immobilized body betrayed him. For the first time ever, Jungkook was crying uncontrollably and all Jonghyun could do was observe.

Just as Jonghyun despaired at being unable to console his distraught twin, a petite figure emerged behind Jungkook. The figure gently knelt before Jungkook, tenderly wiping the endless tears and drawing him into a warm embrace. He tucked Jungkook's head into the crook of his neck, shielding him as the sobs continued.