a small part of the truth, pt1

ARC2 / CHP8 : a small part of the truth, pt1

Tonight he had another nightmare.

It's been four days since Jungkook started having those awful dreams, they are too familiar nothing to confuse him  yet weird at the same time, why did they start coming again , he had them for the longest before Jimin arrival , they went away when he started sleeping with Jimin , more precisely when he started falling in love and feeling happy.

So why now ! Why suddenly?.

He was standing in spacious white house, a man in his forties was laughing maniacally at him , he grabbed the man by the collar and mercilessly hit the person in the face. Another copy of himself was there, begging him to stop. Why were his hands as well as his face badly wounded.

Did he hurt him? Was it because of him ?

The stagnant gray clouds in his head started to swirl like a storm, and it threatened to blow him far, far away , but he didn't bulge only his mind was lost somewhere while the him that was injured kept begging him to stop yet his hands and rage wasn't listening to him as they kept hitting and punching the man face to unconsciousness.

'Someone stop me'

Despite his mouth spilling those words his heart was dancing in pleasure open seeing the disfigured face of the old man .

He didn't stop till he felt a thud behind him , once he looked toward it he was face to face to a sight of the other copy of him unconscious with a bullet on his chest .

That was when he would always wake up sweating a worried Jimin with tears beside him while  he lay there staring at his hands in the darkened room. It was only a nightmare, and yet his hands burned with a throbbing sensation while two part of him fought whether to feel content or discomfort . But it was a dream. It was in the past or  something related to it and he was sure if what he saw was his inner conscious and the pain he felt back then.

it wasn't a lie that he will do that if time went backward and maybe something more cruel.

Jungkook took a short breath and looked to his side with a small smile as he replied to Jimin constant worried questions.

" I'm fine, just a bad dream , come sleep some more " he pulled Jimin spooning him in a tight hug and he closed his eyes.

Jimin knew Jungkook won't reply to his questions and tell him what was his nightmare about, he already got customized to his short answers,even if that distressed and pained him a little , he had to pretend it was nothing and act cheerful the next morning , he didn't want to add more guilt to Jungkook's heart , he already can see how regretful the latter was every time he brushes Jimin off and refuses to share his burden with him .

He knows the past must be too hard and painful for him to tell , yet Jimin couldn't stop asking himself whether there's a past more awful and bad than his own past.

Could something like that exist? He didn't know but he didn't want to judge, he understand.

he among all people understands the most how Jungkook must feel whenever he remembers it.

With that, he closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep.

The next morning, the sound of people clamoring as well as the sound of the gunshot was what woke Jimin up.

The first thing he noticed was the empty side beside him which made his already trembling hands shake more violently as he stumbled and run downstairs.

The first thing he sees is his hyungs struggling really hard to stop Jungkook from firing a man who apparently was bleeding all over their living room floor, Jungkook must have shot his arm.

The man's features were too sharp to think he was good news,  with his short hair loosely swept back, it gave him a rough and wild look,  he was dressed in a black suit that matched his Sharp eyes, everything about him screamed ' bad ' and had that kind of hard air about him.

" I didn't let you stay and closed my eyes about what happened for you to make your useless parents come to my house "

Jungkook said calmly yet his voice was laced with rage and cruelty, it managed to intimidate the old man as well as Noah who was shielding his mom when Jungkook suddenly swept the gun toward them and was ready to fire.

For the first time in 2 years Jimin couldn't recognize his husband and only saw the mafia boss he met on his first day here, the boss he never got to see how cruel he was since he never showed Jimin that side of him even on his firsts days here , no matter how cruel he acted on day 1, the hyungs had said he wasn't even 1% of what he actually is , and seeing this made Jimin legs shake badly, he was afraid to move forward and stop Jungkook from killing Noah and his mom.

Jungkook face was hard and stiff all traces of affection were gone, he was ready to kill anyone if needed even his own brothers.

As Jimin stared in a daze and fear at the man he loved and couldn't recognize at the moment, a light touch on his shoulder pulled him out.

Jin hugged him tightly wiping the tears he didn't notice were there.

" Don't be afraid, everything will be fine, Jungkook is fine he's just angry"

Before Jimin could reply, Noah scream made him flinch, he looked over only to see a guard pulling Noah away from his mother while another one made her stand beside her husband.

Jungkook smiled at both wife and husband and loaded his gun pointing it toward both of them.

" No, no hyung .. please no let me explain, don't kill Mom we know what we've done is unforgivable but please let Mom go, I'm begging you hyung ...."

Despite his pleading and crying Jungkook wasn't fazed nor was he affected but that wasn't the case of his father who suddenly seemed enraged.

" You ungrateful kid, I gave birth to both of you, I'm your father while one is trying to kill me the other who I raised and fed till he grow up didn't mind if I got killed, how dar-.. "

" Oh shut it, old man, your voice is irking me "

The father didn't have time to answer when a guard gagged him with a piece of fabric over his mouth.

The mother crying and shaking this whole time and sometimes mumbling an ' I'm sorry son' followed by loud sobs.

Jimin who suddenly noticed Jungkook's fingers moving, ready to fire, cried out loud getting the attention of the eight people -except Jin - who didn't notice him till now.

" H-hyungie .. no " was all Jimin said, trying hard to move his torpefied legs forward but ended up stumbling and nearly falling on his front hard to the floor if it wasn't for Jin who was fast enough to catch him.

The incident made Jungkook forget what he was doing and rushed toward Jimin pulling him in a hug.

" easy darling, are you okay "

Jungkook soft gaze, made Jimin sigh in relief, for a second he was afraid he lost his husband and was back to square one, the overwhelming feeling made Jimin feel sick in the stomach and cling to Jungkook.

" H-hyung..ie " Jimin sobbed a little burying his face  in Jungkook's chest

" It's okay, I'm sorry baby, I'm really sorry,  come let's get you to the room, you shouldn't be here " 

Before moving upstairs, Jungkook turned signaling for the hyungs to do the needed.

" Lock them in the basement " .

The boss's orders were clear, however, the hyungs locked only the father in the basement while Noah and his mom were locked in one of the guest rooms, they know Jungkook will eat them alive for this but they couldn't lock the two in that shitty place with that shitty person.

__________________________________
Vote ❤️

Check my other work .

Enjoy.