the fourth floor

ARC2/ CHP 11 : the fourth floor

Jeon Jungkook was, in his own opinion, an absolute mess. He almost went insane after not finding Jimin anywhere in the mansion , he had flashbacks from the time his husband was kidnapped and all sort of negative thoughts haunted his mind , Jin was constantly yelling at the guards who claimed no one went inside nor outside and the others either freaking out or crying somewhere except yoongi who had a gun in his hand ready to kill everyone there .

The hour he spent searching felt like hell and crying his heart out was his only option at the moment but doing it Infront of all the maids , guards , his mother and Noah - who were allowed to came out to help find Jimin - really wasn't a good idea nor his pride allowed him to step that low .

What he didn't expect was for one of the assigned Doctors to come running and tell him that a silver haired guy almost killed one of them before going upstairs with a knife .

Unlike him who rushed upstairs in both anxiety and anger , the others sighed in relief and a hint of proudness specially from yoongi and taehyung, even if none showed what they really feel about this .

From the moment  Jungkook stepped foot into one of the fourth floor rooms , Jimin didn't spare him a glance. The reaction the latter had while standing there infront of the electric profiling bed wasn't at all what Jungkook had expected when he thought about what Jimin will do when he finds out who was laying there.

It wasn’t like he wasn't aware of all the attempt the smaller did to find out about it , he knew everything, and he had tried to speak about it .

so many times , he tried so many times but he just couldn't.

But when Jimin stands there, knife in his hand and his glassy red eyes that screamed at him how angry and frustrated Jimin is , he knew , it was to late to talk about anything.

 Jungkook didn't know how to act at the instant , wether to go confront Jimin about everything and just tell him the truth or just swallow all the fear from a moment ago that turned into anger in order not lash out at the smaller and fuck everything up .

What could he say exactly , how could he express how much Jimin scared the life out of him , how much pain he got through within an hour , how can he articulate his emotions into words without snapping at Jimin .

Jimin exhaled sharply as he quickly tuned to look at Jungkook , his whole body started to tremble as he made his way towards his husband.

" H-hyungie" Jimin whimpered as he took a few steps forward.

He can't take the image out of his mind , he can't chase away the scene of that person laying in that bed with all kind of medical equipment and an IV pole attached to his body .

It was disturbing and instantly made Jimin regret ever being impatient to know who the person was , why did he have to be such an impatient jerk .

The floor under him felt cold , chilled wood against his slippers.

With a twitch of his fingers the knife he was holding fell down,  and the feeling of something sick rising up his throat, jimin moved his legs, just an inch toward Jungkook, and it felt much heavier than it ever had before .

The few steps separating him from his husband felt like miles away.

Jimin knew, he knew anytime soon he'll lost his consciousness, anytime soon he'll fall.

Jimin knew his body is failing him but he can't let that happen, not before reaching to Jungkook and feel him with his own hands.
Not before confirming that the sight behind him isn't real and it isn't what he think it is.