A Scream in Silence

ARC1/CHP12 : A Scream in Silence

Heavy footfalls echoed through the corridor as he paced back and forth, speaking unintelligible words. His face was slick with sweat and his hands trembled as he fumbled to take his phone from his pocket. He dialed the first number on his urgent contact list and waited for a few rings before it went unanswered. He tried again but still no response, desperation rising with each failed call. His patience wearing thin, he cursed softly and dialed for a third time. This time someone picked up

"What the hell hyung? Why didn't anyone pick up?" He exclaimed angrily.

"We were busy working Kook, what's wrong? You sound worried," Namjoon replied from the other end of the line.

"Just get the hyungs and get over here now! I'm at Seoul Hospital," He cut him off mid-sentence and hung up without waiting for a response. He paced nervously as he waited for his hyungs to arrive, murmuring "He'll be okay" every few seconds in an attempt to reassure himself.

When the others arrived, worry and anxiety were etched onto their features.

"Jungkook-ah what's wrong? What happened? Are you okay? Have you sustained any injuries? Where's Jimin? Why didn't you come to me instead of going to the hospital? Is it bad?"

"Jin hyung, you're getting worked up again. Let him explain," Yoongi interjected, and everyone looked toward Jungkook expectantly.

"We were in the restaurant eating after a long shopping spree and then..."

---

"Jiminie, did you really need to buy all this?" Jungkook asked, gesturing at the hundreds of large bags littering the floor.

"I'm sorry Hyungie, I squandered your money, but Tae made clear that unless I don't enjoy my shopping and purchase an excessive amount of goodies, he might very well force me to watch a horror movie," jimin complained. He flinched as he visualized himself in some kind of dimly lit room with Taehyung, watching horror movies overnight.

"I don't mind that you spent a lot, however, you also bought a lot of stuff that wasn't necessary."

"However, Hyungie, you too rented up a whole restaurant especially for us to dine, which was also unnecessary."

"Jiminie, that was necessary; they're termed as security precautions."
"That's a lot of useless words," jimin replied and Jungkook giggled at Jimin's sweetness.

A waiter eventually arrived to take their orders shortly after a brief span of bickering. when jungkook looked at the said man, he narrowed his eyes at him.

"Shouldn't you have tidied that up before arriving?" he spoke sternly, pointing at the waiter's bloody hand, his gaze growing serious.

"Oh my, I apologize sir. I was distracted while cooking and accidentally cut myself," the waiter mumbled as he looked down, intimidated. Jungkook cast a skeptical gaze at him before placing their order and sending him away. When Jungkook turned to Jimin, he found the latter frozen, his eyes fixated on the small drop of blood that dripped from the waiter's finger to the floor.

"Jimin, are you okay?" Jungkook asked, but received no response.

"Jimin, look at me," he tried again, but Jimin remained unmoved.

"Jimin, my darling, breathe. What's wrong?" The boy started to shake, his eyes blank and staring into nothingness, breathing heavily. He put his hands over his ears and let out a piercing scream that was so loud it could break someone's eardrums.