of

ARC1/CHP17 : of

'huh what happened ?'

"Ugh," he hissed, wincing at the pain shooting through his hand. He looked up and saw Jungkook peacefully sleeping beside him. Confusion filled his mind as he tried to recall what had happened. It wasn't the first time they had slept in the same bed, but something about Jungkook seemed different this time. He appeared incredibly tired, with dark circles under his eyes.

"Why does Hyungie look so exhausted?" he mumbled, reaching out to softly caress Jungkook's cheek. As he looked at his hand, he noticed multiple bandages wrapped around it—not just the one from a few days ago but also a new one around his wrist. Confusion and fragments of memories from the previous night flooded his mind, recalling moments of vulnerability and seeking comfort in Jungkook's presence. His body trembled slightly as anxiety threatened to resurface, but before it could fully consume him, he felt two arms wrap around his smaller frame. One arm encircled his waist while the other cradled the back of his head, pulling him closer to Jungkook's chest. He nestled his head between Jungkook's neck and chest, taking in the comforting scent and feeling a sense of calm wash over him.

"What a beautiful sight to wake up to," Jungkook murmured, tightening his embrace and resting his chin on top of Jimin's head.

"Good morning, Hyungie," Jimin replied, returning the hug.

"How do you feel?" Jungkook asked, his gaze fixed on Jimin's eyes.

"A little dizzy, but I'm fine," the smaller one replied with a cute smile that melted Jungkook's heart.

"Hyungie, you promised you'd explain everything," Jimin said, his gaze dropping to Jungkook's chest, sadness evident in his expression.

"I will, don't worry, but let's take it one step at a time, okay? First, tell me what happened after you ran from my office."

"I went straight to my room; I didn't do anything specific," he replied.

"What were you thinking or feeling when you were here? Tell me everything, baby, please," Jungkook urged, wanting to understand what had triggered Jimin and desperate to know the reason behind his distress.

"I... I actually cried because I thought you wanted to lock me up in my room like the first time I was here. I was hurt because you yelled at me. The guards heard me crying, so they came in and asked what was wrong and if I was hurt. But as soon as I saw them, my body started shaking uncontrollably, and I had a hard time breathing. I was so scared that I ran to the bathroom and locked the door," Jimin explained.

"That's my fault. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm so sorry. I never meant to make you cry. I'm not going to lock you up; I'm just worried about you. That's why I did all this. I'm so sorry, Jimin baby," Jungkook apologized, kissing Jimin's forehead and holding him tightly, repeating his apologies.

"It's okay, Hyungie. I understand. Stop apologizing," Jimin reassured him, gently caressing Jungkook's cheek.

"Still, I'm really sorry. If only I had been more careful..."

"Silly Hyungie, stop saying sorry. I said I'm okay," Jimin interrupted, trying to ease Jungkook's guilt.

"Now, tell me what happened after you locked the bathroom. Do you remember anything?" Jungkook inquired, his concern evident.

"No, I was sitting in the bathtub crying, and the next thing I knew, you..." Jimin's cheeks flushed red, and heat rushed through his body as he remembered Jungkook's kiss from last night. "You were hugging me in the bathroom," he completed, burying his head in Jungkook's chest to hide his embarrassment and hugging him tightly.