Echoes of Disquiet

ARC2/ CHP 18: Echoes of Disquiet

The moon's ethereal glow continued to cast long shadows over the empty halls of the mansion, as Jimin sat by the window, his mind filled with a cacophony of thoughts and questions. It felt as though he had never been this confused before, his mind tangled in a web of puzzled equations. The weight of his worries not only affected his ability to take care of Jonghyun but also took a toll on him physically and mentally.

The stress had become overwhelming, leaving Jimin feeling dizzy and weak, accompanied by a persistent ache in his stomach. It seemed as though his entire being was being consumed by the turmoil within. On one hand, there was the mystery of Jungkook's disappearance. Two long weeks had passed since Jimin received that cryptic message, and every passing day only intensified the ache in his heart.

Thoughts of his beloved husband engulfed his mind, a swirling mess of worry, confusion, and a tinge of hurt. Why hadn't Jungkook returned? Why hadn't he sent another message, providing reassurance that everything was alright? The uncertainty gnawed at Jimin's soul, leaving him feeling adrift in a sea of unanswered questions.

On the other hand, there were other perplexing elements in Jimin's life, such as the woman who claimed to be his mother. The mere thought of her caused a surge of emotions that Jimin struggled to handle. He couldn't shake off the uncanny resemblance she bore to him, a resemblance that ignited a spark of curiosity he couldn't ignore. Deep within his subconscious, a flicker of recognition stirred, as if trying to surface from the depths of his memories.

The reaction of his hyungs didn't go unnoticed by Jimin. Their fleeting glances, filled with astonishment and concern, spoke volumes. They, too, sensed the significance of this woman's appearance. Jimin's fingers traced the scar on his forehead, a constant reminder of the trauma that had stolen his memories. Jin's words echoed in his mind, recounting the tale of a nine-year-old memory loss that continued to haunt him to this day. Jimin couldn't help but contemplate the possibility of this woman being his true mother.

Despite his best efforts to push aside these nagging doubts, a pang of loneliness tugged at Jimin's heart. The weight of Jungkook's absence bore heavily upon him, and his longing for his husband's comforting presence grew with each passing day. He yearned for the ability to sit beside Jungkook, to unload his troubles and find solace in their shared love.

Sighing, Jimin tore his gaze away from the window, only for his eyes to land on the mirror not far in front of him. He couldn't fathom what had gone wrong with his body. His cheeks appeared chubbier, his stomach larger and rounder and even his fingers seemed to have gained weight. Despite his efforts to maintain a healthy diet, the scrutiny of the others felt suffocating, as if they were raising a small child. Jimin found himself longing for the days when he could eat without feeling self-conscious or judged.

As he stared at his reflection, Jimin's mind swirled with even more questions. What had caused these changes in his body? Was it related to his lost memories? And what role did this mysterious woman claiming to be his mother play in all of this? The puzzle pieces of his life seemed scattered and disconnected.

Jimin sighed and stood up, feeling a pang of guilt for neglecting his duties to Jonghyun. It had been two days since he last checked on him, and the thought made his stress levels rise even higher. Worried and anxious, he made his way through the empty hallways of the mansion.

Each step felt heavier than the last as Jimin's mind continued to race, overwhelmed by the weight of his own thoughts. The moonlight filtered through the grand windows, casting eerie shadows on the polished marble floor, adding to the somber atmosphere that enveloped him. But amidst the quiet solitude, Jimin couldn't ignore the sudden intensity in his stomach.