The Looming Storm

ARC2/CHP24 : the looming storm

  Jungkook sat alone in his dimly lit office, exhaustion seeping through every fiber of his being. The weariness had reached such an extreme point that he found himself contemplating the unthinkable— suicide— a desperate escape from the overwhelming burdens that consumed him. But even in the depths of his fatigue, he knew he couldn't succumb to such thoughts. The weight of his work and the people who depended on him held him back. And then there was Jimin.

Jimin, the delicate soul who relied on Jungkook for strength and stability. If jungkook were to take his own life, he was convinced they would unearth his grave and pull him back into this chaotic existence. It was a chilling realization—no one in this mansion could function without him. The entire situation was utterly fucked up.

The weight of the mansion's operations rested solely on Jungkook's shoulders. It was a burden that weighed heavily upon him, leaving him feeling trapped and suffocated. First, there was Jimin's deteriorating condition, followed by the shocking revelation of Jimin finding out his pregnancy, which led to the latter having a panic attack and fainting and Jungkook experiencing a near heart attack.

jungkook struggled to calm himself and jimin, vowing to explain everything to Jimin once the storm had settled. But as always, things didn't go according to plan.

Jimin, after emerging from the depths of his panic attack, retreated into an empty shell—an echo of the hollow existence he had experienced during his kidnapping. He became silent, unresponsive, and his once vibrant face turned pale. Yet, deep down, Jungkook knew that this state wouldn't last long. It was just the shock taking hold, a temporary refuge from the overwhelming emotions. And for that, Jungkook was relieved.

However, what terrified him the most was the high likelihood that Jimin's pregnancy would trigger his buried traumas and painful memories. Jungkook couldn't bear the thought of those nine years resurfacing within Jimin's fragile mind. He was determined to prevent that from happening, to shield Jimin from the haunting demons of his past. Though he knew he couldn't stop the memories if they did resurface, he would do everything in his power to avert it.

Pushing aside his worries about Jimin, Jungkook also had to confront the mounting concerns regarding Jonghyun. After returning home and ensuring Jimin was sound asleep, he received a call from the doctors responsible for his brother's condition. They informed him that Jonghyun's health had deteriorated slightly and sought his guidance on what to do next.

Jungkook's frustration boiled over, a mix of exhaustion and anger blending together. "Why the fuck are you asking me?" he bellowed, his voice laced with irritation. The doctors on the other end of the line hesitated, their fear palpable. Taking a deep breath, Jungkook continued, "You're the doctors, not me. That's your fucking job."

Silence hung in the air, suffocating the conversation before the doctors mustered the courage to speak again. "I...I don't think he has any chance of survival. It might be best to remove life support and let him find peace," one of them uttered, their voice tinged with apprehension.

The words that escaped Jungkook's lips next were uncensored, a raw outpouring of anguish that no human being should have to bear witness to. The weight of his responsibilities, the culmination of the past three weeks without sleep, Jimin's past, Jimin's condition, his brother's condition, and even the unexpected appearance of Jimin's mother—everything converged, threatening to drown him in an ocean of despair.

Jungkook slumped in his chair, feeling utterly defeated. The weight he carried on his shoulders seemed insurmountable, a crushing force that threatened to break him. Yet, he knew he had to find a way to soldier on. He had to be the pillar of strength for those around him, even when his own foundation felt fragile.