❇ 𝙐𝙥𝙙𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙭 𝙏𝙤𝙧𝙮 (𝙤𝙘) ❗

Title: You're my #1 target.

About: Tory wants to pay attention to her, but Updike's attention is mostly on killing Whitty.

Requested: SyameiseDaFurryp

~~~~~

"Why did you invite me here?" Updike asked. "Well you're so caught up on finding that Whitty person, that I brought you here!" I brought him to an amusement park.

"This is such a waste of time." He rolls his eyes. "Relax your cloud ass!" I smacked his back. "Just enjoy the rides and stuff! I even paid, so you better make me not regret paying." I glared at him.

"Why did you even invite me? I have a business to run and a monster to catch." Updike was about to walk away when I grabbed his arm.

"No you don't! Guess what? It's your day off and you're spending it with me!" I smirked and dragged him to one of the rides.

The real reason why I invited Updike to the amusement park is because I like him, but I don't wanna say that to him, since it's clear that he doesn't like me back...

"Isn't this fun?" I chuckled knowing he wasn't having the time of his life.  We were on the farris wheel."No. I was picturing my day off as in staying in or trying to catch Whitty."

"Relax, we just started! To make it fair, you can chose the next ride." I rolled my eyes. I look at him to see him looking down outside. "Is there something outside?" I questioned.

"I see my target. Can't believe he's here." He smirks. He pulls out his gun and loads it.

"What the fuck! Why did you bring your gun?!" I yell at him. "I always bring one. You never know when you can bump into your targets." He puts his gun back in his pocket. "Sorry to cut it short, but I have to get him." The ride was done already and he gets off.

"You fucking bitch... Can't you tell I want to spend time with you." I crused under my breath. I got off and left home.

The next day I decided to just ignore what happened yesterday and visited Updike. "Tory? Why are you here?" Updike asked me. "Oh just to talk to you!" I smiled. "And to confront you about the fact that YOU JUST LEFT ME ALONE IN THE AMUSEMENT PARK!" I was about to smack him when he grabbed my arm.

"You're never gonna hurt me. And I'm sorry." He let's go of your arm. "You aren't sorry. If you're sorry, then you would take me out somewhere, to show that you're sorry." I smirked. He sighed. "Fine, I'll take you out somewhere today. I'll be paying." I jumped in joy.

Me and Updike walked to a restaurant. I had a stupid smile on my face. We reached the restaurant and ordered. "There. There's my apology." Updike sighed.

"Haha thanks, but you didn't have to take me out. You already said sorry." I sipped on my drink. "What? You just said-"

"I already forgave you. I just wanted you to take me out for food." I laughed. "YOU." He paused and breathed in. "You wasted my time. I'm leaving." Updike left me, but I decided to walk with him, since I was done my food.

"Chill out Cloudy. And did you defeat bomb dude from yesterday?" I asked him. "No. He was on a date, and a bunch of people surrounded him."

"Pffffft! Just let him be with his date. He's only a bomb man. Leave him be." I said. Why even is he so fixated on killing him anyways?

"No, that 'thing' is a threat to the city. He was made by scientists him to blow this whole city. I'm only protecting the city." Updike explains. "Wow, didn't know that happened. To be honest I didn't mean to know that." I chuckled. "You are a strange fellow aren't you Tory." He smiles.

"DID YOU JUST SMILE! You never do that!" I grabbed him by the shoulders. "No and let go." He lightly pushes me off. He turns into an alleyway and runs.

"Wait, where you going?" I chased after him. He starts firing his gun at Whitty and he runs off. Updike was about to chase him as well, when I pulled on his arm. "He's gone now. Don't fucking start shooting like that." I let go off his arm.

"You didn't have to stop me, I could've had him." Updike glared at me and walks off. I grabbed his arm again. "Are you blaming me for what happened?!" I yelled.

"When did I say that?" He said. "You didn't say anything, but it felt like you were putting the blame on me for why you didn't catch him."

"Because I am. If you didn't hold me back, I could've gotten him. But you made the assumption that I couldn't have gotten him." He took a deep breathe in.

"Excuse me, I am sorry that catching a fucking bomb guy, that seems  harmless is more important than actually hanging out with me for once." I yelled. My hair fluffed up a bit and I felt furious.

"Cause it is." He says coldly. My eyes widen a bit from his response and I felt like crying right there. "Oh. Then sorry for getting in the way of your fucking job." I smiled weakly and walked away.

I ran home as my eyes start tearing up a bit from his words. Of course he doesn't care about me. He doesn't like me nor care for me. I'm just a throne to his side...

The next day I heard a door bell. I opened the door seeing Updike. "Oh hey Updike. Why the fuck are you here?" I asked him coldly still offended from his words.

"Just wanted to check up on you. To apologize about yesterday." He says. "Why would you fucking care? You would rather put your mission over your friend." I said.

"Because I'm your friend aren't I?" Updike said. I was weirded out with his sudden words. "Just come in so I don't wake my neighbors." Updike comes in and the both of you sit in the living room.

"What's with the sudden change in thinking?" I asked him. "What do you mean? You are my friend."

"I know I know! Now you're confusing me. Just tell me why you're here so I can kick you out." I sighed. "I already told you. I wanted to apologize for what happened. I can't help it, but I did feel some sort of guilt when saying that to you. But you should know that you shouldn't get in the way of my work." He said, pissing me off. "Take your apologize and shove it up your cloudy ass, cause that was not an apology." I grid my teeth. My hair started to fluff up and my eyes stood up, indicating that I was mad.

"I'm sorry that I'm the only one actually trying to carry this fucking friendship!" I yell at him. "Well I didn't even want to be friends. You decided that you wanted to be friends with me." He coldly explains making me even more pissed.

"MY DECISION? It wasn't my decision to fall inlove with a prick like you!" I yelled and soon realized what I said. I covered my mouth and sat back down on the couch. "Shit.... Just ignore what I said and leave. I accept your shit of an apology." I groaned. I just made everything worse telling him I like him.

I stared at the ground waiting for him to leave when I saw his shadow. "Heh, your hair really fluffs up when you're mad." He chuckles and pats my head. I blushed a bit. "What the fuck did you just say?" I looked up and see him actually smiling.

"Look, even though your very immature attitude really annoys me to the core. You made me fall for you." He chuckles. "Ehh? You like me!? But you act like such a jerk to me!" I smacked him on the head. "I know, but that was because I refused the fact that I actually like someone like you. So I tried my best just to push you away and focus on my mission." He sighs.

"Like someone like me? What an insult." I rolled my eyes and hugged him. He hugged back and I smiled. "You're taking me out for dinner okay!" I threatened him for what he put me through.

"I know." He laughs.

~~~~~

Word count: 1426

A/n: haha. Sorry for the long wait. Just losing motivation. AND THANKS FOR THE 6.9k views!!! If you like, leave a vote! Have a good day.