Refreshing start

MY MY'S POV:

I made it back to Atlanta to see how my estates were doing. They told me it will take 2 more months for them to be actually done. I decided to go home and start packing my things up so that I can save time. Most of the clothes I had were worn 1 time. Chy Chy's items were going to be donated. i get a call from my mother.

Mama: Hey My My

My My: Hey mama. What 's going on?

Mama: I'm just tired. the medicine is taking over me and I'm not feeling too good. I called Jayda, but you know she have her own thing going on.

My My: Yea Ma,  I know. Where you at now?

Mama: I'm back in Texas.

My My: I'll send you a flight out ASAP.

"Who was that" Dayvon said walking in the room With Chyna. "My mama. I don't think she's doing too good." I said sadly. "She could move out here with you." He suggested. He knew all the right things to say and that's why I love him. I get my kids ready for school ( Chyna is in daycare). "Alright, it's time to go. C'mon DJ. It's time for school. Dayvon? Could you help me take this boxes to storage?" I asked. "I got you Ma. We can take my truck."

We dropped the kids off and headed to the storage place. As I was unpacking, a small box fell out. "Awwwww babbyyyyy" I said. Dayvon turned and smiled at me. "I remeber I got you this before we left Miami. I thought we were never going to see each other again. Now look." It was the promise ring Dayvon gave me. He knew the police were waiting for him and he decided to buy me the ring. Mind you, I didn't know anything about his arrest warrant. "I think I need a bigger one this time." I said with a side eye and smirk. His smile covered his whole face. "Oh it's coming." He said.

We finished unloading the his truck and headed out to grab something to eat. "Where do you wanna go?" He asked. "I don't know. Surprise me." I responded. We pulled up to this place where they had nothing but good southern soul food. "I know your country ass love southern cooking so I wanted to bring you here. I smiled and gave him a kiss. He was becoming the man I prayed for. It's not like I wanted to change him. I just wanted him to see the man in himself without me trying to control him.

"What would you like to order mam" the waitress said. "Can I get 3 wings, Mac n cheese, some greens, yams, and cornbread? For my drink I would like the southern sweet tea. Thank you". "Gahdamn Ma. I knew you missed the cooking, but damn. Are we having another baby and you not telling me? He said laughing. " No boy. I just missed when my granny would cook this every Sunday. I haven't had it since she got ill." I said. "Sir? What would you like? The waitress said. "Give me 3 wing and the Mac cheese. I'll have a water with light ice" Dayvon said.

Our meal came and we dove in. As we got done, we talked about our future plans. "Ma. You know I have back to back shows coming up. How are going to balance this long distance relationship?" He asked. "Sex toys. I'm just playing. We'll get through it. It's not like You're gone for months at a time. We'll figure it out. I'll probably fly me and the kids out for a few shows." I said. "Do you think we would ever get married." He asked. "Yes, I do. Do you?" I responded. "I do, but I feel like I hurt you so much that you might not want to marry me. I know we're good, but I know my past affects your trust sometimes. He said. "I'm not going to lie, it does. However, I do feel like you're more aware of the man you're becoming and that will get my trust there. We make bad decisions, but we manage to find our way into great things." I said holding his hand. "I love you so much Ma." He said. "I Love you too baby." I said as we leaned in to kiss.

I abandoned this book and I'm sorry. I'm so busy, but I'm working on trying to balance things. I'll update tomorrow on both of my books.