5: Old wounds

The sisters with their Zaofu outfits.

*next day*

Kitiara woke up after a big sleep. She lied on bed thinking how many things happened on these last two days.

She closed her eyes enjoying the warmth of the bed.

She saw her parents and best friend after years. She helped them to free the air benders.

The air benders joined the air nation. Then, she came here only to discover that her cousin is one of them.

A knock was heard on the door.

The warrior sighed.

Getting up, she opened the door only to see her mother wearing her armor.

The kyoshi warrior sighed again mentioning to her mother to enter.

Closing the door behind her, Lin sat on a chair looking at her daughter intently.

Kitiara sat on the other chair and leaned on the table between them.

" Sooooo, why so early ? " She asked her mom.

" I just wanted to see your face without any paint. " She answered.

Kit nodded. " Auntie Su says that I really look alike you. "

Lin smiled. " She is right. You do. "

" May I ask something, mommy ? "

" Of course. "

" Why do you hate your little sister so much ? " The warrior inquired.

The chief sighed. " It's... complicated. "

" You know, mom, Su was always so polite with me. She searched me in Ba Sing Se the moment she heard that I am your daughter. She even told her husband to build a stable for my bison and I have a permanent room here to come whenever I want. I don't know what had happened between you but auntie deserves a second chance. " The young adult stated.

Lin kept a neutral face while hearing all of these. Suyin was at least a good aunt, if not a sister. Well, how can someone be a good sister when she had scared you for the rest of your life ?

" I am glad hearing that you and Su are good. It's just... we both know that I am here to tell you that I want to leave the soonest possible. "

Kitiara sighed. " This depends on Opal. Su wants her daughter here but she needs to go to the temple with me. "

Lin raised an eyebrow. " What does Opal want ? "

The air bender looked blankly at the policewoman. " I think that she wants to go to the temple but she didn't say it. "

The earth bender nodded. " Well then, make it quick. I need to leave this place with Korra and return back to Republic City where I can protect her. "

" Zaofu is one of the safest places in earth. She will be fine. " The air master retorted.

" We can never be so sure... " The metal bender whispered.

" Mom ! "

" What !? "

" I will make sure that you won't leave this place until you and Su become friends. " She promised.

The earth master's eyes widened. " We will never- "

" Never say never. I suggest you see a doctor because you don't look very fine. " The warrior commented, concerned.

" I am totally fine, thanks. "

" No, you are not ! Listen, mom- " The young woman tried to persuade the older one.