39: Kuvira's coming

Kitiara helped Korra and Asami to prepare Momo for the flight.

" Just... try to keep your asses alive, please. " The kyoshi warrior told them when they finally finished their task.

" Of course, darling. " Korra assured her and kissed her forehead gently.

Kitiara closed her eyes relinquishing the feeling of Korra's soft lips on her skin which lingered a tiny bit more than the usual.

Asami looked over, from Momo's back and smiled at them.

" Promise. " She responded.

" Good. I'll check on you with spirit projection later~ " The air bender sang next to Korra's earlobe.

" I can't wait~ " Korra smirked mischievously.

Kitiara shook her head playfully, smirking back at her girlfriend. " You little needy thing. "

" But you take care of me so well~ " Korra pouted.

Kitiara blushed and prepared herself to reply but heavy metallic footsteps echoed in the big room.

Lin walked inside the building and took a glance around.

" So, you done ? " She asked the girls.

" Yeah, everything is fine. " Replied Korra with a slight blush.

If Lin had heard what they were saying beforehand...

Lin, whose nature and job as a detective is to be perceptive, raised an eyebrow at Korra's facial expression but did no comment.

Who knew what was going on in that teen's mind...

" Good enough. Mako and Bolin are on their way. You need to leave immediately. There is no time to waste. " The officer pointed out.

" And we will. Thanks. " Asami waved at the older woman.

Lin nodded at her. " Good luck kiddos, you gonna need that. "

***

A couple of hours later Kitiara sat on the ground ready to project her spirit to Korra's location.

Lin was next to her with a hand wrapped around the air bender's back.

They both looked at the sea ahead, not bothering to speak.

" Mom. " Kitiara called without gazing at her.

" Hm ? " Was the Chief's response.

" I told you that I'm a lesbian. " She smiled as she finally turned to look at her mother.

Lin chuckled shaking her head. " Yes, you did. "

They stayed in a comfortable silence for a while.

" Alright, time to go. See you in a sec. " Kitiara said and closed her eyes. She fixed her meditative posture and searched for her lover.

Lin pulled away gazing at her daughter as the air bender changed her position into the meditation stance.

Kitiara took a deep breath before leaving her body and by feeling Korra's spirit, she went to her.

***

" Guys ! I see something. " Bolin pointed at the direction. " Down there ! "

The team turned to look at Kuvira's titanium tanks.

" Is that– " Asami breathed shocked.

" Kuvira. " Korra cut her off.