10: Alive and Dead

I think that this is a little small. However, I love writing Drama and I am really proud of this one.

I made a pinterest account and I may also add aesthetics, so stay tuned ! ( I did )

Pls: I am not sure about the title, if you have better ideas plz send me a direct message.

Kai woke up because he felt something licking his face. Hesitantly opening his eyes, he looked directly into the little bison's.

" Hello, little one. How are you ? " He asked patting his head, ignoring the fact that he was recently combusted of the sky and now continuing being alive due to his leg being stuck in that small tree.

Kai slowly got away from the tree to sit on the bison's back. He then landed the bison on the rocky path and peeked at the still unconscious air mistress.

Kitiara was laying on the path. From the way her body had landed and the positive fact that her glider was still next to her, closed, that meant that she air bended before falling on the floor, saving her life.

Kai kneeled next to the fallen warrior. He needed to wake her up. He nudged her shoulder. " Kitiara. Wake up. We need to leave this place. "

The kyoshi warrior slightly moved in her sleep. Opening her eyes, she glanced at the young boy. " What ? "

" We need a plan. " The younger air bender stated.

The air bending master nodded. Sitting on the small path with her back rested on the wall, her gaze fell on the baby bison.

" Mmmm. So, you take him and I will use the glider. I want you to patrol the air temple and be careful not to be seen. I will watch over the skies in case more help arrives. Meet me in the lake with the bisons when the sun goes down. " The Beifong stated.

Kai agreed and both of the air benders, left the safety of the solid ground, soaring in the skies.

***

Lin was fealing uneasy. She was worried. Worried about Kitiara. Worried about Tenzin. Worried about Opal. Worried about everyone !

Su wasn't in a better state. She was blaming herself for allowing Opal to go there.

Everyone were sad about the air benders. They knew that the battle was lost before it had even begun.

Tenzin, Kitiara and Kya could stand against a couple of terrorists, but fighting 4 of the most powerful benders worldwide is a far different thing.

Asami and Bolin were gazing out of the window. Tonraq, Suyin and Mako had been discussing about various tactics.

The door opened only to reveal Korra. All the heads turned toward her, ready to hear the heart-breaking news.

Korra's face was pale. Silent tears were rolling down her cheeks.

No one spoke, waiting for the avatar to tell them details about her conversation with Zaheer through the radio.

" It... wasn't... just a battle. There... were 3 dead. " She walked further into the room to collapse into a chair in front of the table with the map.

" I asked him who were the victims. He said that there is no need to learn about the 1st but that I would be really interested for the other 2. " Korra inhaled.

" Kitiara and Kai went to fight P'Li. They failed. Both of them were combusted out of the sky. Fallen out of the temple. No bodies were found. Only one of the 2 gliders which were used... I am so sorry Lin... Su... Asami. " Her voice was weak but loud enough for everyone to hear.