18: Kitiara alone

Warning: drama income

Kitiara looked at her reflection through the mirror.

Her makeup was similar to the kyoshi warrior's with one big change.

Instead of red, there was black.

The woman had gone cold after her argument with her mother.

It was... intense.

Both of the sides had made mistakes during their last meeting.

The commander closed her eyes, sighing.

Kitiara could never EVER imagine her having such an argument with her mother.

She may have had a small, not so polite talk with her dad.

She would, obviously, avoid ( a little but always politely) Pema.

However, she would NEVER turn her back to her mother.

The woman who managed to grow a child while doing one of the most difficult and stressful works worldwide.

Kitiara's eyes opened again, and she looked herself directly in the eyes through the mirror.

* 18 years ago *

Kitiara was 4 years old.

She was lying on her bed. Her small, teddy sky bison was next to her.

The girl was half sleeping and half awake.

She was supposed to be sleeping due to the time. It was past midnight.

However, her mother still had to come back home. Kitiara saw in the news that there had been a big robbery in a bank.

And when there're robberies, there are also policemen trying to figure out the identity of the thieves.

As a consequence, her mother had to take care of this, and she wouldn't come back home unless progress was made.

There were a couple of times in which her mother didn't come home for the night.

Back then, Lin was speaking with Tenzin to take Kitiara with him to the island.

But the girl was now at the Chief's house. Alone.

Many would say, and they would be totally right, that is irresponsible and immature of a parent to leave their child alone at home at such a time.

Well, Kitiara proved to be very responsible throughout her small life, but still...

The young girl hugged her teddy tightly.

She should sleep. Her mother somehow could understand whether she was sleeping or not.

The last thing that Kitiara wanted was for her mother to reprimand her.

Time passed and the air bender had almost fallen asleep.

That was before she heard a weird sound from the living room.

Kitiara's eyes shot open and landed on the door, dividing her room from the corridor which was connected with the living room.

There was no way her mother would do it.

It was like... Something had fallen off. Or was it like something had broken ?

Like a window...

Kitiara's eyes widened at the thought.

What if someone had gotten into the house ?