24: Prison Cell

They were in a cell.

A prison cell.

They didn't know what time it was.

However, they could see darkness from outside their small window.

Bolin and Varrick were sleeping. They were extremely tired and they had a big journey ahead.

Kitiara was exhausted but unable to sleep.

She was leaning against the wall looking outside the window.

Her mind was trying to process how everything turned upside down in one day.

She didn't regret anything though.

She joined her friends and helped them.

Even if they failed...

They were still together. United. They would find a way out sooner or later.

Her eyes started closing. Exhaustion slowly overtaking her weak body.

Kitiara thought that she was asleep until a serin blared outside.

Her eyes opened wide and her attention focused outside the window trying to find out what caused it.

Varrick and Bolin woke up too.

" What was that ? " Bolin asked, a worried and surprised expression on his face.

" I don't know. " The woman replied.

The siren kept ringing and battle sounds could be heard.

" But I'm going to find out. " She stated closing her eyes.

Her spirit left her body and appeared outside the room.

She hid behind a tree while her eyes scanned the area.

She froze when she saw three figures wearing black clothes being surrounded by a small army and fighting for their lives.

Did Suyin try a sneak attack ?

And if she did who were the two other figures.

Kitiara swallowed hard realizing that the three of them were Su, Wing and Wei.

They couldn't win and they were losing ground.

Their defeat was inevitable unless...

The air bender took a deep breath. The blue kyoshi warrior turned into the commander Beifong. Usual colors and everything except body.

She vanished and reappeared on the corner of the battlefield.

" Hellooooooooooo. I'm here ! I've escaped ! " She shouted.

All of the heads turned to her.

Suyin raised an eyebrow while the twins were confused. Kitiara was supposed to be with the Earth Empire but the use of the word escape indicated the exact opposite.

A metal cable flew toward her. She jumped to her right avoiding it.

She couldn't take any damage because she had no body but none of them knew that.

It would be better if it stayed that way.

" Run. Now. " She screamed to her family while more hits came in her direction.

Suyin exchanged a glance with her kids. " No, we're not leaving you here. "

" I promise that I'll be fine. I'll come to find you afterward, when you will be safe. You shall return to Zaofu before it's too late. Trust me. " She spoke and run away from a bolt of lightning.