40: The Capture

After witnessing what Kuvira's weapon is capable of doing, the team gathered in Varrick's warehouse.

Korra pushed the double doors open. " Raiko surrendered. It's down to us now. "

Kitiara momentarily closed her eyes cursing the stupid as well as coward Raiko.

" How are we supposed to fight an entire army, a mecha giant, and that crazy weapon ? " Bolin asked; he was, like everyone, terrified.

" We can't fight it, but maybe we can cripple it. " Asami thought. She then turned to Zhu-Li.

" Zhu-Li, when you were spying on Kuvira, did you learn anything about that metal monster ? " The young inventor inquired.

" I had no idea they were even building it. " Zhu-Li answered truthfully.

" Bolin, Varrick, Kit. What about you guys ? " Asami looked at the rest of the people who were working for Kuvira in the past.

" Not the slightest clue. Nope. Nothing. " Bolin replied with an apologetic facial expression.

Kitiara shook her head. They should have told her in advance. Clearly this Colossus hadn't been built in this last month. They should have been planning this for months, even a year.

Baatar's great masterpiece.

Ready to be used for the greatest of the battles.

Ready to change the world.

" Guess Baatar Jr. is a better inventor than I thought. Spirits ! Don't tell him I said that. " Varrick crossed his hands.

Korra's eyes shone with an idea. " That's it ! Baatar Jr. built it, he'll know how to take it down ! I say we capture him, and get him to talk. "

Tenzin hummed thinking of Korra's plan. His hand under his chin, slightly playing with his beard.

Korra sensing that Tenzin wouldn't agree started explaining. " I know it's a long shot, but it's the only chance we have, and if we don't- "

" Korra, I'm in. " The air master cut her off.

" Good. We'll need a stealth team of air benders to get in and out of Baatar's airship unnoticed. Kitiara, Tenzin, Bumi, Jinora, Kai, let's get moving. " Korra declared.

" Wait ! What about me ? " Meelo questioned disappointed.

Korra knelt in front of him, smiling as she reached to touch his shoulder. " Sorry, buddy. This mission counts on everyone being as silent as possible and your farts are just too much of a wild card. "

" I can be quiet ! " Meelo defended himself before farting loudly. The teenager blushed and looked at the ground. " Okay, point taken. "

***

" Is everyone ready ? " Korra asked as they were approaching the airship.

" Born ready. " Kitiara replied smiling at Korra.

Korra, who had been leading the bison, turned to exchange a smile with her girlfriend.

When they were close enough, Korra was the first one to board the airship in order to metal bend the hatch so they could silently slip into the airship's interior.

Korra, Tenzin, Bumi and Kitiara entered the airship. They walked through the corridors carefully until watching Baatar going inside a room.

Korra, after making sure that no more Earth Empire soldiers were around, left the safety of her cover to metal bend the doors open.

A yelp left from Baatar's lips as Kitiara slammed him against the window. The lesbian couple held him in place while Tenzin covered his mouth with a gag and Bumi pulled a large sack over his body.