28: Alliance with 'Prisoners'

Kitiara's eyes were closed. Her position was really uncomfortable and it was insufferable being trapped alongside Bolin and Varrick.

Her head was aching, her back was in pain.

The net was small and it was definitely not designed to hold 3 humans.

The kyoshi warrior was sitting there, doing nothing.

As they claimed, Bolin and Varrick could handle the situation alone. There was no need for her to interfere.

She was annoyed. Annoyed by the fact that they saw her as the 3rd and weakest member of the trio.

Although she would never admit it out loud, she loved drama and how desperately they were trying to escape.

So, instead of using her fans, she preferred to keep them hidden, in case of an emergency, and allow the men to take over.

They were a little stupid. Kitiara had pulled them out and showed them clearly 3 hours ago.

A small smirk formed on her lips. They were acting ridiculously and for a weird reason she was finding it funny.

" I wish Pabu were here. He could just chew us out of this. " Bolin sighed.

" You know who else has incisors sharp as a knife ? Zhu Li... " Varrick countered.

" Can you please shut up and stop wishing for someone else to magically appear and save us ? It's stupid and a total loss of time. " She snapped at them.

Varrick rolled his eyes. " Thanks for the encouragement, Chief. " He mocked.

If she could, Kitiara would have given him a death glare. Unfortunately, they weren't able to move and neither to look at each other.

" You're so fucking dea- " But she was cut off by a stranger.

" Well, look what we caught. Wonder if they were tracking us after we escaped. " A woman spoke.

Kitiara froze. Her eyes fell on the young woman. She must be a little older than the Beifong.

If Kitiara were to make a guess for her nation, she would have said the Water Tribes due to her hair and eyes.

" Hello, fellow travelers ! I don't suppose you can help us out of this net ? " Bolin smiled politely to the woman who was also accompanied by a man.

" Why would we free a couple of lowly Earth Empire soldiers ? " She asked, crossing her hands in front of her chest. She raised an eyebrow while she was grimacing with a hint of disgust.

" Lowly ? We were part of Kuvira's inner circle ! Can you see that woman next to me ? She's the Great Kitiara Beifong. One of the best ever Kyoshi Warriors. " Varrick retorted with anger.

Kitiara bit her lower lip. She sweared to the spirits that she could kill him right then and there.

" Were, not anymore ! Please, just, let us out ! " Bolin begged pulling at the net.

" I know just what to do with a couple of Kuvira's top men and woman. " The man spoke for first time.

The man firebended a dagger and then proceeded to cutting the net.

***

Lin was gazing out of the window.

Korra was back in Republic City.

They needed to speak.

They needed to make some things clear.

The Chief's eyes were focused on the automobiles on the street.