41: The Fallen Warrior

" Go ahead, take your time, just bending a giant wall ! Man, have we got a lot of people hurt ! " Bolin said as his friends had been fleeing the destroyed building.

Bumi and Suyin carried away Baatar who had lost consciousness. " Is that everybody ?! Gah ! " He dropped the wall on ground.

Tenzin run to take a view of the Colossus as the rest of the team gathered.

Kitiara leaned against Korra's side and Korra wrapped her hand around her lover's waist.

Tenzin returned still running. " Kuvira is heading our way, with a platoon of mecha suits ! "

" What should we do ? " Asami asked the obvious.

Bolin took a deep breath. " Listen, this is my hometown and I hate to say it, but there's no use risking all our lives to fight that giant thing ! Let her take the city for now ! We'll think of some way to come back and beat her ! "

Mako furrowed his eyebrows. " What about all the people who haven't been evacuated yet ? If Kuvira finds out that Wu is with them, she might fire that spirit cannon at him and take them all out. "

Korra thought about it for a bit, then she made her decision. " I couldn't stop Kuvira from taking Zaofu. I'm not letting her conquer Republic City. The world isn't safe as long as she has that weapon. "

" I agree. We take down that giant today. " Suddenly a female voice echoed.

Everybody turned to look at the woman standing on top of a crater.

" Mom ! " Kitiara called before throwing herself in Lin's open hands.

" Glad to see you all made it out. You had me worried. " Lin smiled at all of them and kissed the air bender's forehead.

" Well, you benders are going to have to fight her alone. She just blew up our factory with all our hummingbird suits. " Varrick stated with a pout.

Asami, who was thinking with a hand underneath her chin, retorted. " Not all of them. There are the prototypes back at my office. If we can get those ready to fly, we'll at least be able to offer a little air support. "

" Su, you take Baatar Jr. and the rest of the wounded back to Asami's office. Get those suits working as soon as you can. The rest of us will just have to face Kuvira on our own. " Korra concluded.

***

Kitiara joined the air benders as the run across Republic City's buildings before they jump into the air to start flying.

They arranged themselves into a formation flying toward Kuvira's greatest weapon with light green balloons embedded on their clothing.

The Colossus turned its body to face the group and raised its hand preparing to take an aim.

The weapon was turned on and the air benders dodged the purple, deadly blast. Some members of the team returned back in the safety of the rooftops before flying again toward Kuvira.

They approached close enough for the weapon to loose its usefulness on them. Kuvira tried to grab and crush some with the other hand of the Colossus only to fail miserably.

" Bombs away ! " Shouted Meelo as he threw the paint balloons to Kuvira's machine, covering the area of the glass with purple paint.

Kitiara, Tenzin, Bumi, Jinora, Ikki and the rest of the air benders followed suit; throwing their own balloons at the giant mecha.

Korra air bended herself onto the roof of a building taking a look at the Colossus.

" Now ! " Tenzin raised his voice in order for Lin to hear him; thing which she did and their plan got into motion.