hopping for New Beginnings

ARC1/CHP11 :hopping for New Beginnings

Three months have passed since the traumatic kidnapping incident, and for the past two months and a week, Jimin has finally been released from his confinement. Jimin now eats in the dining room with the rest of the gang and even the enigmatic Jungkook joins in.

Jimin spends the majority of his time with the cheerful Taehyung in the gaming room, as Taehyung is the only one without much work to do. This has sparked a fit of fervent jealousy among the brothers, leading to the implementation of a structured and well-thought-out schedule for Jimin.

Every morning, Jimin is with Jin, chatting or lending a hand in the kitchen. The afternoons are dedicated to studying with Namjoon. Before dinner, Jimin has conversations with the introspective Yoongi. On weekends and any free time, Jimin joins forces with the boisterous Hoseok and Taehyung.

Jimin's schedule is packed, and the brothers have been pleasantly surprised by his impressive cooking and cleaning skills. They couldn't help but express their admiration with phrases like:

"Jimin-ah, this is fantastic!" Tae exclaimed.

"Jimin, you have truly outdone yourself," Jin said with wonder in his voice" where did you learn to cook like this?" 

Jimin sighed and replied, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "I was sold as a servant to a wealthy man and was the only one serving in his large mansion. I was responsible for cooking ."

"Were you just confined to kitchen duties?" Jungkook asked, studying Jimin's facial expressions intently

" I was the only one serving in that grand estate. I took on every single task, from cooking to cleaning and everything in between, "Jimin revealed with a nervous quiver in his voice, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"So you were essentially just toiling away, slaving over the stove and scrubbing the floors all day. Why couldn't he just hire more help?" Jungkook pressed on.

" I-it wasn't ju..just that he.." Jimin shifted uncomfortably under the scrutiny, making Jungkook realize that there was more to the story than just being a solitary servant

"What else did he do to you, Jimin-ah? I promise you, I will make him pay." Yoongi threatened with a growl.

" I..i ... He..." Jimin stammered, he was too overwhelmed to speak, and his legs shook.

"ENOUGH!" Jungkook spat out in anger. He didn't mean to sound harsh, but for some reason the thought of Jimin being mistreated made him boil with rage especially now since he had come to appreciate the younger man's company, having found comfort in talking to him more and more. But now, seeing his hyungs ignore Jimin's discomfort and continuously probe him only made his blood boil with fury. 

"Just EAT, for heaven's sake!"

In the morning, Jimin spends quality time with Jin and then either take a nap or indulges in some television viewing, as everyone else is hard at work. As the day progresses, Namjoon steps in to impart some education to the young man, who has never had the privilege of attending school. Being unable to read or count, Namjoon sees it as his duty to teach Jimin the basics.

Later on, Yoongi takes the reigns and works on building Jimin's confidence, sharing his own personal experiences of self-doubt and providing helpful advice and tips. Meanwhile, Tae and Hobi entertain themselves in the cinema room or gaming room, but let's not get into the details of their activities.

Jimin's relationship with the others flourished, especially with Jungkook. Despite not being listed in the official schedule assigned to him by the hyungs as Jungkook was the busiest among the group, being its leader. he still managed to connect with him regularly. would take time out of his busy schedule to pay Jimin a visit to his room during his free moments. These two may not have started out as close friends. Still, their interactions grew closer as they became more comfortable with each other, with Jungkook's frequent displays of affection and affectionate gestures and playful antics leaving Jimin constantly taken aback and flustered.