《 2 》

As soon as I heard his words, I hit the brakes, making a hard turn

As soon as I heard his words, I hit the brakes, making a hard turn. The tires screeched as I sped down the road, towards the mansion.

When Nathan usually tells anyone of our Mafia to come home instantly, something's always wrong. He's the type of guy that rarely smiles, and that's only when torturing any of our captives.

I had to go claim my title as Donna, but I couldn't go until I made sure everything was in order back at the mansion.

Normally it's a ten minute drive. I made it there in five.

As soon as I drove through the gates, I stopped the car and handed the keys to one of the guards. I walked up the driveway, noticing Nathan and Mateo walking up to me.

"What is it?" I spoke, concern clearly present in my tone.

"The vineyard. It's gone." Mateo replied as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

I froze. The vineyard. Out of everything, the vineyard. One of the Mafia's most treasured properties.

"Come." Nathan added as he motioned for me to walk towards a small balcony.

I quickly walked up to the balcony, looking down. The whole vineyard was in flames, a few helicopters hovering over it.

"How the hell did this happen?" I said, frustration washing all over me.

"An hour after we left for the funeral. The guards were patrolling the area until they notified us about it." Sighed Mateo, who stepped beside me.

"We're gonna have to cut the shipments for the Americans. They're going to be all over us." I crossed my arms.

One of our allies, the American Mafia. We send shipments of our best wine to them, in exchange for equipment. Our wine brands are worth thousands, just for the Díaz label on the bottles. Not to mention a glass is capable of instantly taking your mind off things.

I looked to my side, noticing the both of them staring down at the vineyard. Their attention fell on me as I cleared my throat.

"Come on, all we have left to do is notify them. They'll stop their shipments, but it's not like they haven't provided enough already." I spoke, placing my hand on my waist. I felt the outline of the gun holder under my dress.

My phone rang. I looked down at it. Shit.

"Bring my car. I have fifteen minutes to make it to the ceremony." I said before I answered the call.

"Miss Díaz. You better be here before it's too late. We can't let your Mafia's fortune go down the drain." His deep voice spoke as I opened the door to my car.

"Yes Mr. Fernandez, I'm on my way, an incident took place back at the mansion. My apologies." I replied, trying to sound as polite as possible.

Before I could say anything else, the call ended.