《 13 》

TW: Sexual Harassment, Rape

. . .

30 Minutes Earlier

. . .

I sighed, listening to the different types of murmurs that roamed all around the ballroom after the Italians and Gabriella left. Denise stood beside me, scrolling through her phone.

My attention was caught when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Aleksander.

"Good evening, miss Díaz." He began, placing his hands in his pockets as he looked around. I took a moment, discreetly attempting to figure out what was he looking at before replying.

"Evening."

As a waiter walked by holding a tray with champagne flutes, I grabbed one without sparing them a look. I brought it up to my lips, raising an eyebrow due to the awkward moment between the both of us.

"Alright- what would you like sir?" Denise broke the silence, stepping beside me to face him. Her arm was folded upwards, showing off her extremely long nails and the trail of tattoos that ran from her wrist, to her forearm.

"I was wondering, if you perhaps knew where is your sister. She doesn't seem to be around." He replied, turning to me. I gave him a uninterested look as I raised my eyebrows. Through the corner of my eye, I noticed Denise's expression mimicking mine.

"Actually, no. I don't know where is she, Mr. Semenov." I lightly shook my head. I'd rather save my sister the trouble of dealing with this one. Plus, he shouldn't know she went to the airport to check on the jet. He'll probably find out eventually, but I think it would be easier for her. As if I haven't noticed the way he looks at her- ew.

He hummed in response before giving me a small nod and walking away. As soon as he did, a loud groan was all I heard from Denise.

"I'm not surprised he seems interested in your sister. The woman is gorgeous, but- I don't think anyone will ever manage to understand her like we do." She smirked proudly. I felt a small smile appear on my lips as I heard her. It's true though, Gabriella's always been a really stubborn one.

"But hey, did you hear the amount of money I made Semenov lose back at the Poker game?" I said, quickly changing the topic. She raised an eyebrow while twirling a strand of her hair between her fingers. Her smirk grew even wider at my next words. "Eighty grand."

She bit her lip, a mischievous look coming across her face before it was quickly erased from her expression. "Look who's coming-"