《 23 》

I slowly turned around, now looking up at the indoor balcony in the garage

I slowly turned around, now looking up at the indoor balcony in the garage. The number of people that were lined up aiming their weapons at us was around twice our number.

I quickly ran to the side and crouched behind the couch where Angelo's mother laid, turning it around so she'd be facing me. She looked horrified, and I found myself gripping her hand. "Trust me, I've got you."

As bullets began to rain down on us, I looked over the couch and shot two of them. "Miss Díaz, I'm taking her somewhere safer, don't worry!" I managed to recognize Blake, who shot another person while talking to me. After I nodded, he was quick to lift her up and carry her away from all this chaos.

I felt someone roughly grabbing my shoulder and pulling me back. Out of instinct I turned around and punched the person right in their jaw, causing them to stumble back. When I realized it was one of the attackers, the last thing I did was hesitate to shoot them.

My breath grew heavy when I saw Mateo and a few others running up the stairs towards the ones that were shooting them. I raised my gun and aimed it at the first one that got close to them, sending him falling back once I pulled the trigger.

When Xiomara kicked one of them over the railing, she tossed me another gun, and I thanked her with a nod. I ran behind one of the many cars, somehow managing to avoid the flying bullets.

My body literally turned around on it's own when I heard gunshots coming from right behind me. My chest collided with Angelo's back, who looked at me over his shoulder before continuing to shoot. I was quick to turn around to keep shooting, switching to the gun Xiomara had given me when mine ran out of ammo.

Angelo's arm wrapped around my waist as he began to step back, moving me with him. By now our backs were pressed together, and his steps matched mine so neither of us tripped.

We ended up behind a large truck, away from the attackers. "You need ammo?" He asked, the both of us turning around to face each other.

"I have an extra gun-" I replied before I saw a man lunging at Angelo with a knife from behind. "Get down!"

He was quick to comply, and I took the opportunity to shoot before the blade reached him. The person stumbled back, their blood splattering all over Angelo's back.

When he stood back up, he looked back and then at me. "Thanks."

I nodded, before stepping out from behind the truck so I could get a better aim. My jaw clenched when I saw around eight men bolting towards me.

I shot the first one, and stepped back before the next one could grab my hair. Another one suddenly grabbed my wrist and yanked the gun away from my grasp, leaving me empty handed. I ducked when another threw a dagger at me, but my luck made it's way out the door when I was grabbed by the ankle, causing me to stumble. A pained groan left my mouth once I got pushed on the ground and my face collided with the hard concrete.