《 56 》

I sighed once I got off the phone and lightly pressed the brakes once Angelo, who drove in his Porsche in front of me, slowed down

Xavier had directed a call from Isabella to my phone, and I got the chance to talk to her and Luciano. He had said she had shown signs of spotting but assured that he had it under control and that he was watching out for my sister. Isabella seemed nauseous, and we didn't talk much. She just told me to watch out and to do whatever it took to take down Leonardo.

On the other side, Angelo had the chance to talk to his mother even if it were for a few minutes, but then Luciano said he needed to change her bandages and the call ended. Angelo was a bit agitated when it came to that, but at least I tried comforting him about it.

Right now we were on our way to the spot where we'd provoke Leonardo. It was an abandoned mall right by the city's frontier. As for Leonardo, he hadn't made an appearance yet, but he probably already knows that the LaFerrari belong to me.

How are we going to provoke him? Yeah, you'll see. Once it's done he'll come out of his hiding spot.

When Angelo and I arrived, we parked right beside each other and got out of our cars.

The place was cold and looked straight out of a horror movie. The buildings were an ash grey color and some of their glass windows were shattered. Even the sky matched the ambience. Dark clouds shaded the place and it seemed as if it were about to start raining - which I hoped not.

"Here, put this on." Angelo walked over to me and handed me a black mask. "Just in case."

I grabbed it and then reached for my trench coat's pocket, pulling out a lighter.

"Wait." He sighed as he pushed my hand down and wrapped his arm around my waist.

When I turned to him and secured the lighter on my hand, he glanced aside and took a deep breath.

"If something happens to me, can you do me a favor?" He muttered with a hopeful look in his face. Is he... scared?

"What is it...?" I asked while wrapping my hands around his neck.

"Promise me you'll take over the Italian Mafia. Unite them, and make them one. These men are willing to follow you wherever you lead them."

"Angelo, are you scared?" I whispered as my hand caressed his cheek.

"Something like that..." He let out a soft and dry chuckle while allowing his head to rest against my hand. "But, promise me, please."

"I promise. But if something happened to me instead of you, take care of my sister and watch out for everyone."

The next thing I know is that he crashed his lips on mine and he engulfed me in his arms. "I promise." He whispered between soft kisses.

"I love you, Angelo." I sighed after we pulled away and the grip on the lighter I held tightened, reminding me of what had to be done and that this could be the last time I said that to him.