《 27 》

I finished my glass of wine while watching Mr

I finished my glass of wine while watching Mr. Fernández step out of the room. His heavy steps quickly faded, but eventually another pair of even heavier ones began to approach.

I turned my head towards the door when Luciano walked in. His forehead was barely visible because of his messy hair. I had to squint my eyes due to his strong cologne. He had the lightest blue eyes, and jet black hair. Luciano's always been someone that's always very well dressed, and this time, that didn't fail. He wore a black and red suit, along with his usual jewelry like his Rolex, a bunch of rings and the silver cross earring on his right ear. He flashed me his signature grin the moment he realized it was me who wanted to speak with him.

"Long time no see Miss Díaz. Or should I say, Boss?" He said, extending his hand out to me. Like always, his grin was contagious, and I found myself smiling back at him while we shook hands.

"It's good to see you're in one piece Luciano. Or should I say, Lucy?" I replied mockingly, causing his grin to disappear and be replaced by a disgusted scowl.

"Don't call me that- Rubén is already a pain in the ass." He grumbled, sitting in the chair across from me. After he sighed, he looked back up at me with a much more serious expression. "Anyway, what can I help you with?"

I cleared my throat, shifting in my seat as I looked back at the door. "Is it locked?" He looked back at the door, raising an eyebrow before he shook his head. I stood up and locked it, before walking back.

"I need your help." I blurted while sitting back down. He leaned back in his seat, placing his elbow on the armrest and crossing his legs.

"...With?" He asked, running his hand up and down his chin.

"First of all, this is going to stay between us, got it?" I began, causing his eyebrows to furrow. He hesitantly nodded "yes" before I continued. "Second... how much do you know about pregnancies?"

"Who the fuck's pregnant- are you-" He burst, his jaw visibly clenching as he leaned forward.

"For fuck's sake- Luciano I'm just asking. And no." I cut him off, startled. The "are you" part definitely scared the hell out of me, since getting pregnant is the last thing I'll ever do- like, fuck no.

"I mean, I'm not a doctor for nothing. Yes, I know about that, why?" He replied with a sigh, leaning back once again while slapping his hand down on his thigh.

I sighed before speaking. "It's Isabella..."

"Wait- first off, who the hell!?" His eyes widened. I was quick to kick his ankle with my heel to shut him up.

"No need to let the world know." I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Just- let me explain..."

. . .

After explaining most of the stuff that happened, he agreed to come to the Díaz manor to check on Isabella. I ended up offering him a room back home, just so he could assist her if she needed me and I wasn't around. Now it's only two people that know about it, and this should be convenient.