《 36 》

As soon as I entered my room, I closed the door behind me and leaned back against it

As soon as I entered my room, I closed the door behind me and leaned back against it. I had to take a moment and sigh to attempt and release some of the pressure I felt.

Firstly, my own emotions were starting a storm inside my head. A storm I struggled to deal with. But now that we're one step closer to figuring out everything that's been going on, my gut felt like it was sending me warnings. And it really disturbed me.

After I came home from being with Angelo back at his yacht, I went straight to my room and entered my bathroom. The first thing I did was wash my face and stare at my reflection for a good couple of moments. I felt embarrased, weak and disappointed. Just like he had said, I went straight to letting my guard down and allowed myself to look vulnerable.

The complete opposite of how I wanted to be.

After I had skipped lunch and dinner, I was starving. A stomach ache was all I felt, along with a light headache. I decided to go for a shower and change into something more comfortable so I could then go downstairs and eat something.

I left my room wearing nothing but some light blue shorts and a large white sweater while my hair freely flowed down to my chest. My face was free from makeup and my body was also free of jewelry. Excluding my mother's ring; one I wore everywhere I went.

While I walked towards the stairs, I stopped by Isabella's door. My hand reached up and lightly knocked, but there was no response. Since I still wanted to see her, I slowly opened the door which surprisingly wasn't locked.

My shoulders relaxed and my gaze softened when I spotted Isabella in her bed, peacefully asleep in Luciano's chest. He had his arms wrapped around her and his head rested on top of hers. They both looked exhausted so I closed the door and left them alone. Guess they're becoming close...

The house was in complete silence as I walked through the halls. I could swear a needle could fall and it would be loud enough to cause an echo.

"Woah there. You okay?" I was startled by Nathan when we both bumped into each other. We were about to enter the kitchen but since we didn't see each other and were coming from different directions, it just had to happen.

My gaze moved down and took in the white t-shirt he wore that showed off his large muscles and left the tattoos on his arms exposed. Unlike the other times, he was also wearing a pair of jeans that were ripped here and there, but not enough to show off his hazelnut colored skin. The golden chain on his neck just complimented his hazel eyes perfectly.

"Yeah, I'm good." I reassured as I stepped back to let him in the kitchen. But instead, he was the one to usher me in.

"Sorry... So, you hungry? I was going to make something since I didn't have dinner." Nathan shrugged as he leaned forward on the kitchen island.

"Yeah, I don't see why not." I sighed as I gave him a smile. A genuine smile.

"Alright, I'll just prepare it."