《 39 》

I felt like everyone's eyes were basically stripping me as I walked through the crowd with Denise

I felt like everyone's eyes were basically stripping me as I walked through the crowd with Denise. But the pair of eyes that really had sent a shiver down my spine were Angelo's, which looked dark with an emotion I couldn't recognize well.

Denise was muttering curses under her breath at Xavier's comments while following after me. The closer we got to Nathan, the more exposed I felt for some reason. Maybe it was because the whole club was mostly filled with people who whistled and threw compliments at each person that walked by dressed the way Denise and I were.

By the time we reached Nathan, I noticed the glares he was sending some men who attempted to approach us. "Xavier, you tell me when." He muttered under his breath as he allowed Denise and I to step on each side of him and he wrapped each of his arms around our waists.

I had to place one of my hands on his shoulder while the other was resting on his chest. Denise was hesitant at first but then began to toy with Nathan's tie. We had to blend in with the rest of the women inside here who randomly approached anyone and began to do what I assume was some odd flirting or something. I didn't know, nor wanted to know.

Through the corner of my eye I spotted Angelo, who had his strong and penetrating gaze fixed on me from a distance. He had apparently gotten himself a drink and was leaning back on his seat while running his middle finger's tip along the edge of the glass that was placed on the table. The club's dim red lights only made his jawline look sharper and his shadow behind him to give him a much stronger aura than the one he already had and brought with him.

"Okay, the cameras have been cut. You should go now." Xavier directed through the earpiece. "He could get here any minute now. Angelo, watch out for anyone."

"Will do." Angelo replied.

After this, Nathan began to move through the crowd of people, managing to keep me and Denise hidden behind him with his large and tall frame. He stopped when we stood by the curtains that led to the dressing and private rooms.

"C'mon, now's our chance." I muttered as I walked past the curtains and motioned for Denise to follow - which she did.

After we left the crowd behind and walked down the carpeted corridor that thankfully silenced the sound of our heels, Denise and I had to act like we worked in there the moment other strippers walked by and eyed us. The moment we reached one of the dressing rooms, we practically ran in there and locked the door.

"We haven't even started and I already hate this- It's so damn tight! And I feel like I'm naked!" Denise complained as she motioned towards her outfit which was similar to mine.

"Let's just wait for Xavier's signal and then come out." I sighed while walking towards a large vanity to check the way I looked.

All my hair was let down, it's natural waves freely running down my shoulders and back. I had a dark red lipstick on, along with a light golden eyeshadow. I wore a pair of earrings that matched the chains in my outfit, along with a necklace and a few bracelets. For the final touch I had long, thigh-high black heels. As for Denise, her long and ginger colored hair was rested atop one of her shoulders. Her outfit covered a bit more of skin when it came to her thighs. Hers had thin chains that went around her ribcage and up to her chest. The color of her lipstick was brighter than mine - a matte red that looked perfect with the rest of her makeup. We both shared the same type of heels.