《 18 》

"I swear- I hate you so fucking much Denise- I will stab your motherfucking ass-" I heard Isabella seethe while I typed away in my laptop

After dinner, Isabella kept insisting that they all played monopoly. Her, Denise, Mateo and Nathan all ended up sitting on the floor in front of my desk. I had been hearing them threaten each other for- I checked the time. Three hours now-

I looked over my laptop to check on them. Isabella had her hair in two French braids that fell over her shoulders, while I could barely see her eyes due to the hood of her- Mateo's, oversized hoodie. Denise had her hair brought up in a bun, and wore a white tank top with leggings. Both Mateo and Nathan were shirtless, the only thing they wore being their basketball shorts.

"Isa, where are your pants..." I sighed, raising an eyebrow while reaching back to massage my neck.

She just squinted her eyes at me, before sliding her arm behind her. Before I could react, she threw her sweatpants my way, blocking my vision. "This is more like a dress anyway-" She replied, casually looking down at Mateo's hoodie. I narrowed my eyes, shrugging.

"Hey Gaby, come take a break and join us, you've been in here for more than six hours now." Mateo asked in a suggestive tone, while placing his arm over Isabella's shoulders. Knowing I was about to respond with something such as an excuse to keep working, he gave me a sheepish smile while motioning for me to come over to the group.

"Alright..." I responded before yawning. My hand tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear as I stood up. I kicked my heels off as I made my way over to them, sitting in one of the decorative chairs beside them.

A soft knock caused me to slowly rotate my head towards the door a few moments later. I recognized it to be Aurora's since I could hear a low humming from the other side.

"I'll get it." Said Nathan, standing up and walking over to the door. As soon as he opened it, Aurora strolled in holding a tray with cups of hot cocoa, since the smell literally filled the room once she entered with it.

"Here you go..." She said softly as she approached us all. I stood up, taking the tray from her hands and motioning for her to sit down in the chair I was in. She didn't say anything to argue or refuse, but instead accepted the seat while giving me a warm smile.

I sat down on the edge of my desk once everyone now had a cup in their hands. I remained silent, just watching the four play. One look down, and when I looked back up at Aurora, a soft smile crossed my expression once I saw how she was already about to fall asleep.

I looked beside me as a pair of strong arms wrapped around me, to see Mateo. He began to gently massage my shoulders. "You look like you needed it..." He muttered, before giving me a sheepish chuckle.

I nodded in response, pinching the bridge of my nose with my fingers. As he kept massaging my shoulders, I let out a relieved sigh, feeling part of all the tension disappear.