《 58 》

Two Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

. . .

I was the first one to be discharged from the hospital. My knee still felt a little wobbly, but it was a first. Angelo and the others had helped me regain my ability to walk with my crutches, which were annoying at some point, but useful. With them I could visit Nathan and Xiomara, whose recovering process was slow.

Isabella had made sure to help Xiomara with her collarbone, since she once had a similar injury and advised Xavier when it came to helping her gain her strength once again. She was bright awake already, cussing out loud and protesting in pain, but the doctors still wanted her in that bed.

Nathan, though, was already walking. He couldn't lift heavy objects or make movements that made him depend on much strength, especially on his abdomen - where he had gotten stabbed. Unlike Xiomara, he didn't look too bothered with all the treatments and attention he was receiving. Mostly when it came to a specific nurse that visited him every day without fail.

"Love, c'mon." Angelo whispered into my ear as his arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I finished tucking my clothes into my duffel bag before my attention fell on the soft butterfly kisses he plastered over my neck.

"You ready to go? We have to go interrogate her." He asked as he pulled away and grabbed my bag only to throw it over his shoulder.

"Yeah, let's go before she tries to escape for the eigth time this week." I sighed while grabbing his hand.

"Good luck," Isabella wished us after I kissed her goodbye on her forehead.

"Here." Luciano called out right after we exited the hospital and he tossed me the LaFerrari's keys.

The car was parked right at the exit. I wasted no time in getting in the driver's seat and Angelo got in beside me.

I hadn't realized how much I had actually missed driving until I heard the sound of its engine and I could press down on the gas pedal. Since we were still in Spain, I drove through the familiar streets until I reached Luciano's father's estate. After all, he was my Mafia's consigliere and a very loyal man, so he accepted when it came to keeping the rebellious therapist in one of his cells.

As I drove, my leg felt a bit uneasy but Angelo placed his hand on my thigh and softly soothed the light aching. His eyes would meet mine every now and then.

If I'm going to be honest, they were capable of bringing back the warm and homey feeling I once felt. Maybe it's his touch, or just his presence in general. I appreaciate every single day he spent in the hospital with me, and helped me regain my ability to walk. He was there to soothe me in those moments where my migraines would strike or whenever my leg cramped he'd comfort me until it passed. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.