《 51 》

If I still had trouble believing it, imagine how Angelo felt

"I'll explain once we get out of here!" I yelled through the endless gunshots that rang through the place.

"Stay safe, okay?" He asked as he turned back to me.

"I will, Angelo." I reassured, holding my loaded weapon over my shoulder.

"C'mere you." He whispered as his hand wrapped around my neck and pulled me to him until our lips touched. It only lasted a second but I made sure to savour the moment before he pulled away. "Go, amore."

"Remember what I told you, amor." I called out before running over to Isabella, who was shooting from behind a metal railing.

"Go to Luciano and tell him to drive back to where the old mansion was." I commanded as I gave her shoulder a reassuring pat and took her place.

Without another word, she just touched my cheek with her hand before sprinting off towards Luciano, who was coming towards his Rover at full speed, dodging whatever man stood in his way.

Once he spotted Isabella, he picked her up and put her in the second row of his car before he got in and started it.

"Gabriella! Have this!" Mateo ran over to me, with his hand extended. In his palm rested a grenade, which waited to be activated. "We need to block the exit before they can leave. I'll take you there and you throw it." He was out of breath and beads of sweat ran down his forehead.

"Right. Let's go then!" I nudged my head towards the whole chaos and we both began to make our way towards the mall's parking lot's gates, but it was harder than we thought.

In the middle of the crossfire, I laid eyes on Xavier, who was busy taking out all the men that approached Luciano's Rover, which began moving towards the gates. Nathan was focused on disarming whoever got in his way, skillfully shooting their weapons away from their hands, or simply yanking them away from the person's grip. Bullets were flying down from "the sky" but it was Denise who had her sniper settled in a balcony from the mall's parking building. Mateo was following me and helping me make my way towards the gate, where the LaFerrari was parked, along with the Audi that had no one other than Taylor Rivera inside. Though, the only one I didn't see around was Angelo. There was no sign of him.

"Shit, they're getting away!" I called out and pointed towards the LaFerrari and Audi, which were starting to back up after Luciano sped away with Isabella.

"Block the damn gates!" Mateo added from behind me, catching Xavier and Nathan's attention.

The two began to join us and attempted to catch up with the two cars, but we had to stop and look for cover once a second wave of bullets began to fly in our direction. Mateo and I hid behind a car, with our legs hidden behind its tires so no bullet would reach them.

While we hid there, my eyes landed on the grenade Mateo had given me, which was still on my hand. This was it. If we wanted to keep them from escaping, all I had to do was activate it and throw it in their direction.