《 42 》

I did it again, didn't I

I told myself I'd avoid her since the beginning. But it feels impossible. She's driving me crazy, and she doesn't even know it yet.

I ran my hands through my hair as soon as I entered my closet to get dressed. My back pressed against the door while my mind began to go back to what happened just a few minutes ago.

God, I absolutely loved how her soft and plump lips felt. I loved the way she felt, in general. Heaven was all I felt when she began to move against me. For a moment her lips were like a drug. What's torturing is the fact I'd be willing to become addicted to them.

Back at the club, I just couldn't take the way that guy pulled her in his lap and had his hands all over her. It got to the point where I told the woman that had been flirting with me ever since she laid eyes on me to go away because I couldn't focus on her when Gabriella had my full attention. I remember watching her every move as she walked through that crowd. Each sway of her hips, each smile she gave another person, everything went noticed by me. Plus, that tight and revealing outfit wasn't helping the cause...

Then we have what happened back in the jet a few hours later. On one side, I was stressed, knowing she almost ruined our plan. On the other... I was mad at the both of us. Mad at her because she's the reason I lose my cool. Then, mad at myself for being such a fool and falling right in her trap. She's like a damn magnet...

I don't know why I kissed her the way I did, but all I know is that it brought some sense of relief - even if it was for just a second.

With a sigh, I ran my hands down my face before pushing myself off the door to get dressed. I ended up putting on a black turtleneck and slacks. About my hair... yeah, I don't feel like styling it, so I just brushed it to the side.

The second I walked out of my room, I spotted Gabriella entering hers. I was about to call out to her, but she was quick to close the door behind her. I just bit my lip in defeat and turned to go downstairs.

When I reached the foyer, I followed the voices that came from the kitchen. In there was Denise, Luciano, Isabella, and Mateo. Denise sat on top of the counter while Mateo leaned against it. Isabella was sitting by the island with a large bowl of strawberries in front of her. Luciano sat beside her, watching her eat while drinking coffee.

"Morning, coffee?" Mateo called out to me once he noticed me.

I just hummed and grabbed a mug from one of the cabinets. "Please."

A few moments later, we were all scattered through the kitchen and Nathan had joined. While I drank my coffee, I watched them all chat and laugh together, as if nothing was happening, or it was just a normal day. A sight I barely got to see lately.

Denise suddenly hummed loudly and raised her hand while she swallowed the strawberries Isabella had stuffed in her mouth. "I think we're missing someone."