《 25 》

"Load them in!" One of the guards exclaimed, pointing towards the empty jet

"Load them in!" One of the guards exclaimed, pointing towards the empty jet. The two Ferraris drove right in, and the gate eventually closed behind them.

"Why did you even buy these? You literally have a whole collection of cars back at home." Mateo asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Give me your hand." I casually said, looking down at the two keys in my hands. He hesitantly complied.

I placed the key to the white Ferrari on his palm, and he looked at me with a puzzled expression. "Consider this my early birthday present Mat." I added, flashing him a smile as realization washed over him.

"Wait, you're serious?" He questioned, looking surprised as ever. I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze.

"Yeah, you deserve it." I replied, pushing his fingers forward so he'd tighten his grip around it.

"Damn, thank you Gaby." Was all he said before pulling me in for a hug. I patted his back, wrapping my own arms around his torso.

After a small moment, I pulled back. "Come on, the sooner we leave the sooner we get home..." I sighed, watching as he nodded before I turned around.

. . .

I took a deep breath, looking at myself in the mirror after I stripped. My chin had started to bruise, and part of my ribs, neck and arms. The cut in my hand was bandaged, along with the one in my eyebrow.

"Gaby, Are you okay? You've been in there for almost half an hour." Mateo called out to me from outside my cabin. I was quick to change into a black long-sleeved turtleneck, some jeans and a pair of black boots. I ran my hand through my hair, not bothering to completely fix the strands that fell over my face.

"Gabs?" He asked again, knocking on the door.

"I'm- Yeah, I'm okay." I replied while opening the it, revealing Mateo. His hair was completely messy, and I could see a few bruises on his knuckles. He eyed me up and down while placing his hands on his pockets.

"You sure-"

"Yes. I'm alright, don't worry Mat..." I cut him off before he could ask again, giving him a reassuring smile while I attempted to hide the slight pain it caused me to stand up straight.

He just remained silent, following after me as I walked back to the seating area. I plopped down on one of the seats, reminding myself about the bruises as a wince escaped me. This caused him to sternly glare at me.

"What's wrong?" He grumbled, kneeling in front of me so he'd be at my level. I sighed, before slightly raising my shirt, showing him the bruise in my ribs.

"It's nothing. Could be worse." I said before he could open his mouth, attempting to avoid the topic.

"Was this from the attack?" He did anything but make me look away, his stern gaze looking softer, with concern in his voice. His hands softly reached for my shirt, lifting it further up but not enough so my bra or chest could be seen, only my stomach and sides.